Qionghai Bo'ao Airport
|Qionghai Bo'ao Airport|
|Serves||Qionghai, Hainan, China|
|Opened||17 March 2016|
|Coordinates||19°8′26″N 110°27′32″E / 19.14056°N 110.45889°ECoordinates: 19°8′26″N 110°27′32″E / 19.14056°N 110.45889°E|
|Qionghai Bo'ao Airport|
Qionghai Bo'ao Airport (IATA: BAR, ICAO: ZJQH) is an airport serving the city of Qionghai in Hainan Province, China. The airport received approval from the national government in January 2013, and was opened on 17 March 2016 after three years of construction.
The Qionghai airport was built to facilitate travel to the Boao Forum for Asia, an annual political event held 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) away in Boao. The airport also serves rising tourism to the province of Hainan. A feasibility study on the airport was approved by government officials in December 2012, followed by the master plan in May 2013. A groundbreaking ceremony was held on 17 March 2015.
After a test flight in March 2016, the airport received its first commercial flight – a Hainan Airlines Boeing 737 from Beijing – on 17 March 2016. For a short period thereafter, the airport remained open to domestic charter flights carrying Boao Forum attendees. After the forum, the Qionghai airport closed so that a new international terminal and a 600-metre (2,000 ft) runway extension could be completed before the next forum. The airport reopened on 29 December 2016, receiving an Air Guilin flight from Guilin.
Qionghai Airport has a 3,200-meter runway capable of handling large jet aircraft, a 9,000 square-meter terminal building, and 26 aircraft parking aprons. It is designed to handle 480,000 passengers and 1,440 tons of cargo annually by 2020.
Airlines and destinations
|Urumqi Air||Hefei, Zhengzhou|
- 海南博鳌机场可研报告获批 预计上半年动工. Xinhuanet (in Chinese). 2013-01-15. Retrieved 2013-01-23.
- 海南博鳌机场可研报告获批 2015年底建成通航. Chinanews (in Chinese). 2013-01-15. Retrieved 2013-01-23.
- "博鳌机场迎北京-博鳌首航班 试运行阶段每日1班". Carnoc (in Chinese). 2016-03-17.
- Ji, Michelangelo (19 March 2015). "Boao Airport Starts Construction Officially". China Aviation Daily. Retrieved 31 December 2016.
- Wong, Joy (18 February 2013). "Construction of Boao Airport to Start in May". China Aviation Daily. Retrieved 31 December 2016.
- Zhou, Su; Xiaoli, Liu (24 March 2016). "New Airport Helps Hainan's Tourism Take off". China Daily. Retrieved 31 December 2016.
- Ge, Lena (15 January 2013). "Hainan Boao Airport Given Green Light". China Aviation Daily. Retrieved 31 December 2016.
- Zheng, Leon (27 May 2013). "Hainan Qionghai Boao Airport Master Plan Gets Approval". China Aviation Daily. Retrieved 31 December 2016.
- "Boao airport ready to open for upcoming Asian forum". Xinhua News Agency. 3 March 2016. Retrieved 31 December 2016.
- Ge, Lena (17 March 2016). "Bo'ao Airport Opens for Business, Serving Upcoming Asian Forum". China Aviation Daily. Retrieved 31 December 2016.
- "Bo'ao Airport Resumes Operation on December 29". China Aviation Daily. Xinhua News Agency. 28 December 2016. Retrieved 31 December 2016.
- "Qinghao Bo'ao, China reopens to commercial traffic". ch-aviation. 30 December 2016. Retrieved 31 December 2016.