|Motto||"The World's Opinion Page"|
|Purpose||Promotion of media freedom and increased accessibility to a variety of global opinions.|
|Headquarters||Prague, Czech Republic|
Project Syndicate is an international media organization that publishes and syndicates commentary and analysis on a variety of important global topics. All opinion pieces are published on the Project Syndicate website, but are also distributed to a wide network of partner publications for print. As of 2016, it has a network of 459 media outlets in 155 countries.
Project Syndicate, which Ezra Klein described as "the world's smartest op-ed page," provides commentaries on a wide range of topics, from economic policy and strategies for growth worldwide to human rights, Islam, and the environment. It also offers monthly series dedicated to Africa, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, as well as to China and Russia. RealClearWorld also named Project Syndicate one of the top five world news sites for 2012.
A non-profit organization, Project Syndicate relies primarily on contributions from newspapers in developed countries,which make up roughly 60% of its membership base, to enable it to offer its services at reduced rates, or for free, to newspapers in countries where journalistic resources may not be readily available. Project Syndicate has also received grants from the Open Society Foundation, The Politiken Foundation in Denmark, Die Zeit, ZEIT-Stiftung, and The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Project Syndicate translates its columns from English into 12 languages, including Arabic, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Russian. More than half of Project Syndicate's partners receive their content at a discounted rate, enabling relevant and valuable content to reach readers in areas where media freedom and funding are restricted.
Project Syndicate has more than 60 authors that submit opinion commentaries on a regular or monthly basis. Periodic editorials are also published by prominent authors such as Shinzo Abe, Francis Fukuyama, Bill and Melinda Gates, Christine Lagarde, Juan Manuel Santos, George Soros, and many others.
Monthly series authors include:
- Michael J. Boskin
- J. Bradford DeLong
- Barry Eichengreen
- Jeffrey Frankel
- Xiao Geng
- Gita Gopinath
- Daniel Gros
- Koichi Hamada
- Lee Jong-Wha
- Anatole Kaletsky
- Carmen Reinhart
- Stephen S. Roach
- Kenneth Rogoff
- Nouriel Roubini
- Andrew Sheng
- Hans-Werner Sinn
- Joseph E. Stiglitz
- Laura Tyson
- Yanis Varoufakis
- Yu Yongding
Economics of Development
Economic and Regulatory Policy
- Roman Frydman
- Kenneth Murphy, Editor in Chief
- David Nissan, Deputy Editor
- Andrzej Rapaczynski
- Jonathan Stein, Managing Editor
- Whitney Arana, Associate Editor
- Rachel Danna, Assistant Managing Editor
- Splinter Knight, Digital Editor
- Stuart Whatley, Associate Editor
Senior Contributing Editor
- Nina L. Khrushcheva
- Joanna Rose
- "Project Syndicate". Retrieved April 21, 2011.
- "Project Syndicate economists | Business". the Guardian. Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- Klein, Ezra. "Ezra Klein - The World's Smartest Op-Ed Page". Voices.washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2014-04-30.
- RealClearWorld. "RealClearWorld". RealClearWorld. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- "Int'l Syndicate Bringing Op-Eds to the U.S. – Editor & Publisher". www.editorandpublisher.com. Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- "Awarded Grants". Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- a.s., Patria Online,. "Project Syndicate - Patria.cz". www.patria.cz. Retrieved 2017-02-28.