Pomona tram stop
Pomona tram stop in 2013
Location of Pomona in Greater Manchester
|Coordinates||53°27′55″N 2°16′41″W / 53.4652°N 2.2781°WCoordinates: 53°27′55″N 2°16′41″W / 53.4652°N 2.2781°W|
|Fare zone information|
|Present status||In operation|
|Original operator||Manchester Metrolink|
|Opened||12 June 1999|
Pomona is a tram stop on the Eccles Line of Greater Manchester's light rail Metrolink system. It opened to passengers on 12 June 1999, as part of Phase 2 of the network's expansion, at Pomona Docks in Old Trafford.
It was one of the least-used stops on the Metrolink network in 2016. However, allowance has been made in its design to support its development as an interchange station between the Eccles Line and the Trafford Park Line (to the Trafford Centre via Trafford Park) which is under construction.
- 12 minute service to Etihad Campus (peak).
- 12 minute service to MediaCityUK (peak).
- 12 minute service to Eccles (via MediaCityUK at offpeak times).
- 12 minute service to Ashton-under-Lyne.
Connecting bus routes
- "Transport Statistics Greater Manchester 2016 Public Transport Section". TfGM. 9 May 2017. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "Transport for Greater Manchester - Journey Planning - Network Maps". tfgm.com. Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 19 Sep 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pomona Metrolink station.|
|Preceding station||Following station|
|Eccles – Ashton-under-Lyne Line||
|MediaCityUK – Etihad Campus Line||
towards Etihad Campus
towards Port Salford
|Trafford Centre Line||Terminus|
City Centre and North
Past, present and future