Pleasure Ridge Park High School
|Pleasure Ridge Park High School|
5901 Greenwood Road|
|Coordinates||38°08′40″N 85°51′47″W / 38.14448°N 85.8630°W|
|Type||Public Secondary Magnet|
|School district||Jefferson County Public Schools|
|Principal||Kimberly P. Salyer|
|Color(s)||Red and Black|
|Rival||Butler Traditional High School|
Pleasure Ridge Park High School is a public secondary school in the Pleasure Ridge Park neighborhood of Louisville, Kentucky. It is part of the Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) district. It is next to Greenwood Road Elementary School and Valley Sports Little League.
The campus consists of five buildings: the Main Building, the Tech Building, the New Gym, the E-Building, and the Fine Arts Auditorium. The main building consists of the Old Gym, the ITV room, the cafeteria, the library, two computer labs, the main office, and the counselor's office. The tech building consists of a computer lab, the weight room, and the seminar room.
Beginning in the 2017-18 school year, The Academies of Pleasure Ridge Park will begin to rotate students throughout Pathway electives to gain exposure to programs prior to declaring a major. Then, at the end of their freshman year, students will choose a Pathway to follow for the rest of their high school career and possibly gain certification in their field of study.
The Pathways include the Academies of Business and Communication, Medical Sciences, and Engineering/Manufacturing/Design.
- Zack Cox, minor league baseball player
- Scott Downs, former Major League baseball player
- Brandon Dunn, NFL defensive end
- Andrew Horne, politician, attorney and retired U.S. Marine Corps Reserves Lieutenant Colonel
- Bridget Renee Kendall, author of children's books
- Taywan Taylor, NFL wide receiver for the Tennessee Titans
- Michael Wines, journalist
- "Pleasure Ridge Park High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved October 7, 2017.