Pingshan District, Shenzhen
Pingshan (highlighted in pink) in Shenzhen
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||168 km2 (65 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,800/km2 (4,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
|Pingshan District, Shenzhen|
|Cantonese Yale||Pìhngsāan Sān Kēui|
|Hanyu Pinyin||Píngshān Xīn Qū|
|Alternative Chinese name|
Pingshan was established as a New District on June 30, 2009 by the Shenzhen municipal government. This new district superseded the old plan which was initiated back in 1994 and began construction in 1997. It was still part of Longgang District in administrative management. On October 11, 2016, Pingshan was officially separated from Longgang to become a district itself.
Located southwest of the Huanping community in Pingshan New District, the Dawan Ancestral Residence is one of the biggest Hakka buildings in China. It was built by the Zeng family in 1791 during the reign of the Qianlong Emperor in the Qing dynasty.
The car manufacturer BYD has its headquarters on BYD Road (比亚迪路; Bǐyàdí Lù; bei2 aa3 dik6 lou6), Pingshan New District., as does the plastic injection mold-maker Shenzhen Changhong Technology Co., Ltd.
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Canton Romanization||Population (2010)||Area (km2)|
|Pingshan Subdistrict||坪山街道||Píngshān Jiēdào||ping4 san1 gai1 dou6||205,999||11.78|
|Biling Subdistrict||碧岭街道||Bìlǐng Jiēdào||big1 ling5 gai1 dou6||25.35|
|Maluan Subdistrict||马峦街道||Mǎluán Jiēdào||ma5 lün4 gai1 dou6||43.86|
|Kengzi Subdistrict||坑梓街道||Kēngzǐ Jiēdào||hang1 ji2 gai1 dou6||94,801||24.07|
|Shijing Subdistrict||石井街道||Shíjǐng Jiēdào||ség6 zéng2 gai1 dou6||36.52|
|Longtian Subdistrict||龙田街道||Lóngtián Jiēdào||lung4 tin4 gai1 dou6||26.14|
- Sina. "国务院批复同意设立深圳市龙华区和坪山区". Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "". Baidu Places (Chinese). Retrieved on June 12, 2014.
- "Contact Us." BYD Company. Retrieved on June 17, 2015. "BYD COMPANY LIMITED Headquarters Add.: No.3009, BYD Road, Pingshan, Shenzhen, 518118, P.R.China " - Chinese address: "比亚迪股份有限公司 总部 地址：深圳市坪山新区比亚迪路3009号 邮编：518118 "
- "." CHT. Retrieved on May 21, 2014. "CHT Group HQ Address: Westside of Jinlong Avenue, Pingshan New District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China - 518118"
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the people's republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- Pingshan New District official government website (in Chinese)