Peter Gelderloos (born 1981/1982) is an American anarchist activist and writer.
Gelderloos was arrested with several others for trespass in protest of the American military training facility School of the Americas, which trains Latin American military and police. He was sentenced to six months in prison. Gelderloos was a member of a copwatch program in Harrisonburg.
In April 2007, Gelderloos was arrested in Spain and charged with disorderly conduct and illegal demonstration during a squatters' protest. He faced up to six years in prison. Gelderloos claimed that he was innocent and unfairly targeted for his political beliefs. He was acquitted in 2009.
- — (2017). Worshipping Power: An Anarchist View of Early State Formation. Oakland: AK Press.
- — (2015). Learning From Ferguson. Seattle: Left Bank Books.
- — (2013). The Failure of Nonviolence: From the Arab Spring to Occupy. Seattle: Left Bank Books.
- — (2010). Anarchy Works. San Francisco: Ardent Press.
- — (2010). To Get to the Other Side: a journey through Europe and its anarchist movements.
- — (2009). Sousa in the Echo Chamber. Homebound Books.
- — (2007). How Nonviolence Protects the State. Boston: South End Press. ISBN 978-0-89608-772-9.
- — (2006). Consensus: A New Handbook for Grassroots Social, Political, and Environmental Groups. Tucson: See Sharp Press. ISBN 1-884365-39-6.
- — (2005). How Nonviolence Protects the State [first edition]. Harrisonburg: Signalfire Press.
- — (2004). What is Democracy?. Tucson: See Sharp Press. ISBN 0-00-005219-1.
- Staff writer; Woolls, Daniel (August 20, 2007). "Virginia man arrested in Spain". The Washington Times.
- Gleason, Amy (September 9, 2002). "Preparing for prison". WHSV. Retrieved May 9, 2017.
- "'Harrisonburg Four' In Court For A Cause". Daily News-Record. Harrisonburg, VA. July 12, 2002. Retrieved May 9, 2017.
- Lee, Chay. "Harrisonburg Copwatch Holds Training". WHSV. Retrieved May 9, 2017.
- Barakat, Matthew; Woolls, Daniel (Spring 2009). "US Anarchist, Gelderloos, Acquitted in Spain". ABCF Update. Anarchist Black Cross Federation. p. 5. Also published as "Va. Anarchist Fights Deportation From Spain". Daily News Record. April 28, 2009. p. 5.
- Finnegan, Brent (October 5, 2007). "Anarchist faces six year sentence in Spain". Hburg News. Retrieved May 9, 2017.
- Cartaya, Raúl (2014). "El fracaso de la no violencia. De la primavera Árabe a Ocuppy". Oxímora: Revista Internacional de Ética y Política (4): 133–137. ISSN 2014-7708.
- Frazer, Elizabeth J. (March 10, 2016). "The Diversity of Tactics: Anarchism and Political Power". European Journal of Political Theory: 1–12. doi:10.1177/1474885115627558. ISSN 1474-8851.
- Martin, Brian (July 2008). "How Nonviolence is Misrepresented". Gandhi Marg. 30 (2): 235–257.
- Borel, Marcelo; Freitas, Fernando Vieira de (December 22, 2017). "Monopólio revisado: a violência nos conflitos contra o Estado". Revista de Ciências Humanas. 51 (2): 500–505. doi:10.5007/2178-4582.2017v51n2p500. ISSN 2178-4582.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Peter Gelderloos|