Perkins County Courthouse (Nebraska)
Perkins County Courthouse
|Location||Lincoln St. between 2nd and 3rd Sts., Grant, Nebraska|
|Coordinates||40°50′29″N 101°43′37″W / 40.84139°N 101.72694°WCoordinates: 40°50′29″N 101°43′37″W / 40.84139°N 101.72694°W|
|Area||1 acre (0.40 ha)|
|Architectural style||Classical Revival|
|MPS||County Courthouses of Nebraska MPS|
|NRHP reference #||90000969|
|Added to NRHP||July 5, 1990|
The Perkins County Courthouse, located on Lincoln St. in Grant, is the county courthouse of Perkins County, Nebraska. Built in 1926-27, the courthouse is the third used by Perkins County. Architect J.F. Reynolds designed the courthouse in the County Citadel style, a type of courthouse design heavily influenced by Classical Revival architecture. The courthouse is built with rusticated brick and features a recessed main entrance, massive Ionic columns above the entrance, and a parapet with a carved eagle and decorative panels on the front side.
The courthouse was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Barbara Beving Long (January 2, 1990). "National Register of Historic Places Registration Form: Perkins County Courthouse". National Park Service. Retrieved January 3, 2014. Accompanied by photos.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Perkins County Courthouse (Nebraska).|