Peggy Fletcher Stack
Peggy Fletcher Stack is an American journalist, editor, and author. Stack has been the lead religion writer for The Salt Lake Tribune since 1991.
Peggy Fletcher was born in New Jersey as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). She is a great-granddaughter of Heber J. Grant, a President of the LDS Church and is the granddaughter of United States Senator from Utah Wallace F. Bennett.
Fletcher attended the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, California. In the late 1970s, she was one of the founders of Sunstone, an independent magazine of Mormon studies. From 1978 to 1986, she was the editor of Sunstone.
In 1991, after she had adopted her marital surname, she became the religion writer for The Salt Lake Tribune in Salt Lake City, Utah, where much of her reporting has focused on the LDS Church.
Stack has also been an advisor on religion to the Public Broadcasting Service. She wrote a children's book about religion with artist Kathleen B. Petersen entitled A World of Faith, published in 1998 and 2001.
- Stack, Peggy Fletcher (1998). A World of Faith. Peterson, Kathleen B. (illus). Salt Lake City, Utah: Signature Books. ISBN 978-1-56085-116-5. OCLC 40150590.
- Journal articles
- Fletcher, Peggy (June 1976). "About the Sunstone" (PDF). Sunstone: 10–13. ISSN 0363-1370. OCLC 367574561.
- —— (June 1978). "Speaking Tubes in the Household of Faith" (PDF). Sunstone: 8–12.
- —— (August 1982). "A Light Unto the World: Image Building Is Anathema to Christian Living" (PDF). Sunstone: 16–23.
- —— (January 1985). "From the Editors: Stretching Toward the Light" (PDF). Sunstone: 4–5.
- —— (January 1985). "Poelman Revises Conference Speech" (PDF). Sunstone: 44–45.
- —— (February 1985). "From the Editors: People of God" (PDF). Sunstone: 4–5.
- —— (April 1985). "From the Editors: A Failure to Communicate" (PDF). Sunstone: 6–7.
- —— (April 1985). "Church Historian: Evolution of a Calling" (PDF). Sunstone: 46–48.
- —— (May 1985). "From the Editors: Decennial Reflection" (PDF). Sunstone: 2–3.
- Ruthven, Malise; Stack, Peggy Fletcher (Spring 1991). "The Mormons' Progress". The Wilson Quarterly. 15 (2): 22–47. ISSN 0363-3276. OCLC 609064233. Archived from the original (fee required) on 2011-07-18.
- Stack, Peggy Fletcher (April 1995). "Tales of a true believer: picking up faith along the way" (PDF). Sunstone: 48–54.
- —— (December 1998). "Books: Mormon Novels Entertain While Teaching Lessons" (PDF). Sunstone: 66–67.
- Fletcher, Peggy (December 1999). "Decennial Reflections" (PDF). Sunstone. 22 ("Silver Anniversary"): 113–115.
- Stack, Peggy Fletcher (March 2005). "Twenty Years Ago in Sunstone: Symbol and Promise" (PDF). Sunstone: 13.
- Anderson, Lavina Fielding (February 2000). "Dreams, Dollars, and Dr. Pepper: Allen Roberts & Peggy Fletcher Years (1978–1980)" (PDF). Sunstone: 44–54.
- Anderson, Lavina Fielding (December 2002). "'Immediately Irresistible Ideas': Sunstone and Peggy Fletcher, 1980–1986" (PDF). Sunstone: 24–35.
- Bailey, Sarah Pulliam (December 30, 2011), Following faith, especially Mormonism (interview of Peggy Fletcher Stack), GetReligion.org