29 August 1965|
Sagar, Madhya Pradesh, India
Pavan Choudary (born 29 August 1965) is an Indian Writer, TV Talk Show Host and CEO. He has written several books including How a Good Person can Really Win (Earlier version- When you are sinking become a submarine- Winning Through Wisdom and Creativity), Machiavelli for Moral People, Broom and Groom (co-author Kiran Bedi) and The Rx Factor.
Choudary also hosts the TV show Hum Aisey Kyun Hain on Doordarshan and has written columns for The Times of India (Gurgaon), the Financial Chronicle and Firstpost. He is the managing director of Vygon India, a French multinational company.
Choudary was born on 29 August 1965 in Sagar, Madhya Pradesh, India. He received his education at Bal Bharti Air Force School Delhi and St. Joseph Convent School, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh. He obtained graduation in Pharmacy honours from Sagar University and MBA from Shimla University. He is married to his college friend Anu Choudary.
Choudary began his career joining the Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals in 1988, switched to advertising field and again came back to the pharmaceutical sector, in Cadila Pharmaceuticals. Later he joined the Indian multinational, Dabur Pharmaceuticals as a Marketing Manager.
CEO & Managing Director
Pavan is the CEO and Managing Director of Vygon India Pvt. Ltd., a leading French Multinational company in Healthcare. When he joined Vygon in 1997, he was amongst the youngest CEOs to head a multinational in India. He is also an active member of the worldwide strategy planning effort of Vygon and spearheads Vygon’s M&A initiative in India.
Choudary writes on wisdom and on different subjects including Social reforms. His recent book, How a Good Person can Really Win (Earlier version- When you are sinking become a submarine- Winning Through Wisdom and Creativity) describes how a principled man can win against an unprincipled person through wisdom and creativity. His book, The Rx Factor - Strategic Creativity in Pharmaceutical Marketing is a seminal work on marketing and strategy in healthcare. Pavan’s books have also been translated into Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu and Malayalam.
He co-authored two books with Kiran Bedi; Broom & Groom - a classic on Hygiene and manners for a social renaissance of civil behaviour, and Uprising 2011: Indians Against Corruption - an assembled chronicle of the civil-society supported anti-corruption movement in India.
Lal Bahadur Shastri - Lessons in Leadership highlights the rich values, principles and leadership of Lal Bahadur Shastri. Co-authored with the Congress leader and Ex-Finance Minister, Government of India, Anil Shastri and released by the Dalai Lama in Delhi.
Success Sutras for the 21st Century: A Trilogy of Wisdom (Set of 3 Hardback books - Chanakya’s Political Wisdom, Kabir’s Spiritual Wisdom and Confucius’ Social Wisdom) is a political, social and spiritual commentary by Choudary that describes how to achieve Political sharpness, Social order and Spiritual bliss for the common man as well as for the statesman/politician.
TV Host & Columnist
Pavan hosts the nation-building TV program on social and civic reform Hum Aisey Kyun Hain on Doordarshan and writes a popular column (at present in recess) for The Times of India on civic reform.
As a Management Strategist, he chairs and sits on the boards of some of the respectable organizations of India:
Pavan has lectured at the Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) at Ahmedabad, Lucknow and Kozhikode; the Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel National Police Academy, Hyderabad; the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie; Sydney Technical University; Singapore Management University and other prestigious institutes in India and abroad. He has also addressed the senior management of several leading companies from across the world.
In January 2010, Pavan Choudary alleged that the scriptwriter of a Bollywood film Veer had copied a 'thought' or a 'concept' from the Hindi translation of Success Sutras for the 21st Century: A Trilogy of Wisdom (Chanakya’s Political Wisdom). He filed an infringement suit against scriptwriter and actor Salman Khan, producers Vijay Galani, Eros International and Anil Sharma (director). Later the Delhi High Court issued notices to Bollywood actor Salman Khan and director Anil Sharma for allegedly lifting some concepts from the book for their film Veer. During the hearing, the court did not prevent the theatrical release, as by the time the suit came up for hearing the film was about to release. The court reserved the order after arguments, and the plaintiff was informed that on 20 April 2011, Eros had made a statement that they have removed the portion under question from all the commercial exploitation. Immediately, upon such assurance, Choudary withdrew his suit.It is also worth noting that the said portion which was being used in the trailer of the film too was removed by the producers from the DVDs/Satellite release of the film in April 2010 itself.
Awards and recognition
For his contributions in the field of Management and Wisdom, Pavan Choudary has been awarded with The Global Leadership Award by the Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University. In 2017, he has also won 'Intellectual Icon of the Year Award’ and 'Business Excellence Award'.
- The Rx Factor - Strategic Creativity in Pharmaceutical Marketing, Sage Publications, 1997: ISBN 978-0-8039-9378-5, Hardcover: ISBN 978-0-8039-9379-2, Paperback: ISBN 978-81-7036-627-0, New edition, Wisdom Village Publications: ISBN 9788190655583
- When you are Sinking become a Submarine, Wisdom Tree, 2007, ISBN 9788183280525, New edition, Wisdom Village Publications, 2006, ISBN 9789380710006
- Success Sutras for the 21st Century: A Trilogy of Wisdom, Wisdom Village Publications, 2009, ISBN 9788190655545
- Chanakya's Political Wisdom, Wisdom Village Publications, 2009, ISBN 9788190655507
- Kabir's Spiritual Wisdom, Wisdom Village Publications, 2009, ISBN 9788190655521
- Confucius' Social Wisdom, Wisdom Village Publications, 2009, ISBN 9788190655552
- Broom & Groom (co-author Kiran Bedi), Wisdom Village Publications, 2010, ISBN 9789380710013
- Machiavelli for Moral People, Wisdom Village Publications, 2012, ISBN 9789380710112
- Uprising 2011 (co-author Kiran Bedi), Wisdom Village Publications, 2013, ISBN 9789380710440
- How a Good Person can Really Win, Wisdom Village Publications, 2013, ISBN 9789380710457
- Lal Bahadur Shastri - Lessons in Leadership, (co-author Anil Shastri) Wisdom Village Publications, 2014, ISBN 9789380710365
- India Protests (co-author Kiran Bedi), Wisdom Village Publications, 2014, ISBN 9789380710372
- Swachh Bharat Checklist (co-author Kiran Bedi), Wisdom Village Publications, 2015, ISBN 9789380710600
- "Five stories that have influenced Pavan Choudhary, CEO of Vygon". The Economic Times. 11 April 2014.
- "Pavan Choudary - The Huffington Post India". HuffPost News. 31 January 2017.
- "Pavan Choudary, Author at Firstpost".
- "Vygon launches its new range of neonatal peripherally inserted central catheters". PharmaBiz. 16 July 2010.
- "Indian MedTech industry could touch USD 50bn, says CII report". Business Standard. 17 August 2014.
- "Pavan Choudary | CEO | AUTHOR | TV. HOST".
- "CEO. AUTHOR. TV HOS". Pavanchoudary.in. Retrieved 2013-07-14.
- "PHARMACEUTICAL MARKETING IN INDIA: A MACROSCOPIC VIEW". ResearchGate.
- "'Broom & Groom' by Kiran Bedi and Pavan Choudary released". The Hindu. 8 September 2010.
- "Kiran Bedi launches book on Anna Hazare's movement against corruption at Jaipur Lit Fest". India Today. 24 January 2013.
- "Anna Hazare Launches 'Janatantra Morcha'". Outlook. 30 January 2013.
- "Dalai Lama launches book on Lal Bahadur Shastri". MAIL TODAY. 23 March 2014.
- "A trilogy on wisdom". The Hindu. 15 August 2009.
- "Board of Directors - Medical Technology Association of India (MTaI".
- "ABOUT US TEAM ADVISORY BOARD". Executive Access.
- "2015 AWARD CONTEST WINNERS". Readers' Favorite.
- "Eric Hoffer Book Category Finalists". Eric Hoffer Award.
- "2017 Finalists | Book Excellence Awards". Book Excellence Awards.
- Official Website
- Applied Concept Creativity Website
- Executive Access
- Pavan Choudary Profile, Amity Edumedia
- Grant Thornton report on Progressive Change in Medical Technology
- Social change and uprising
- Kiran Bedi in Dubai for her book release
- Dalai Lama launches Lal Bahadur Shastri - Lessons in Leadership book
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Book highlights for good governance
- Lal Bahadur Shatri 1965 India Pakistan War
- Dalai Lama on Lal Bahadur Shastri
- 5 stories that have influenced Pavan Choudary
- Readers Favorite Award
- Eric Hoffer Award
- Karnataka fallout: BJP's fierce pursuit of Congress-free India could hurt its chances in other polls, damage Narendra Modi's image
- Centre's move to scrap MP airfare DA draws flak across party lines: Narendra Modi faces side-effects of political reform
- Narendra Modi's Independence Day speech: From making peace to rejecting prejudice, five things PM must say
- Narendra Modi's Swachh Bharat: A mission without backing of law makes guinea pigs out of eager votaries