The town hall in Paray-Vieille-Poste
|Coordinates: 48°42′46″N 2°21′49″E / 48.7127°N 2.3637°ECoordinates: 48°42′46″N 2°21′49″E / 48.7127°N 2.3637°E|
|• Mayor (2014–2020)||Alain Védère|
|Area1||6.14 km2 (2.37 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,200/km2 (3,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||91479 /91550|
|Elevation||82–94 m (269–308 ft)|
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
Inhabitants of Paray-Vieille-Poste are known as Paraysiens.
Paray-Vieille-Poste originated from the old village of Paray, which had about 60 residents in 1790. The name "Paray-Vieille-Poste" first appeared in 1923. By 1928 the population swelled to 3,000 residents. At the time streets had not yet been built, and running water had not yet been installed. The Sarraut law of 15 March 1928 lead to the quick establishment of vital infrastructure. In 1931 Paray-Vieille-Poste received electricity and water connections, and the work was completed by 1933. The commune was affected by World War II bombings against Orly Airport.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms contains bugles of the postilions announcing their passage to tell bystanders to move out of the way, the arms of the Abbey of Saint-Germain-des-Prés, and the arms of Maréchal de Vaux.
Transavia.com France has its head office in Paray Vieille Poste. OpenSkies is headquartered in Paray Vieille Poste. Prior to its re-establishment as OpenSkies, the airline L'Avion (Elysair SAS) was headquartered in that location. Kyocera Fineceramics Group has its design centre in Orlytech in Paray-Vieille-Poste.
Prior to its disestablishment, Air Inter (as Air France Europe) had its head office in the commune. AOM French Airlines had its head office in Building 363 at Orly Airport and in Paray-Vieille-Poste. After AOM and Air Liberté merged in 2001, the new airline occupied building 363.
Schools in Paray-Vieille-Poste include École Maternelle Victor-Hugo, École Primaire Jules-Ferry, École Paul-Bert (Maternelle and Primaire), and Collège Pierre-de-Ronsard. As of 2016 440 students attend Collège Pierre-de-Ronsard.
- "Histoire Archived 2011-04-07 at the Wayback Machine.." Paray-Vieille-Poste. Retrieved on 9 February 2011.
- "Terms and conditions of carriage." Transavia.com. Retrieved on 2 January 2010. "Adresse: TRANSAVIA AIRLINES S.A.S. 18, avenue Louis Bleriot 91551 Paray vieille poste RCS 492 791 306 Evry FRANCE"
- "Transavia France Archived 2010-02-19 at the Wayback Machine.." Air France. Retrieved on 21 June 2010. "Its head office is in Paray-Vieille-Poste (Essonne), France. " and "Address: 18 Avenue Louis Blériot 91220 Paray-Vieille-Poste, France"
- "Contact Us Archived 2008-09-14 at the Wayback Machine.." OpenSkies. Retrieved on 21 June 2009.
- "Contact." L'Avion. Retrieved on 1 September 2009.
- "Sales Offices: Micro-Electronic Packages, Fiber Optic Components and Ultra High Vacuum Products Archived 2011-07-20 at the Wayback Machine.." Kyocera Europe. Retrieved on 8 February 2011.
- World Airline Directory. Flight International. 26 March-1 April 1997. "44.
- "World Airline Directory." Flight International. 1 April 1989. 47.
- "World Airline Directory 1999." Flight International. 2000. 363.
- "Nos coordonnées agences en "France Métropolitaine "." AOM French Airlines. Retrieved on 15 May 2010. "SIEGE Bâtiment 363 B.P. 854 94 551 ORLY AEROGARE CEDEX"
- "Résultat de votre recherche." Le Journal officiel électronique authentifié. Retrieved on 15 May 2010. "Siège social : compagnie Air Lib, bâtiment 363, zone centrale à l’aéroport d’Orly, 91550 Paray-Vieille-Poste."
- "Découvrir Air Liberté." Air Liberté. 23 February 2002. Retrieved on 15 May 2010. "Le 22 Septembre 2001, AOM et AIR LIBERTE ont donné naissance à une nouvelle compagnie aérienne qui porte désormais le nom AIR LIB."
- "World Airline Directory." Flight International. 12–18 March 2002. 57.
- "Vie scolaire." Ville de Paray-Vieille-Poste. Retrieved on 3 September 2016.
- "2010 a4 rv.pdf Plan de Ville Archived 2011-07-21 at the Wayback Machine.." Ville de Paray-Vieille-Poste. Retrieved on 15 May 2010.
- "College." Ville de Paray-Vieille-Poste. Retrieved on 3 September 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Paray-Vieille-Poste.|