P. S. Narayanaswamy
|Puliyur Subramaniam Narayanaswamy|
24 February 1934|
Madras Presidency, British India
Puliyur Subramaniam Narayanaswamy also spelt Narayanaswami (born February 24, 1934 in Konerirajapuram Thanjavur in Madras Presidency) is a Carnatic music vocalist. He learnt music from Tiruppambaram Somasundaram Pillai, T. M. Thiagarajan and later from Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer. He awarded the Bala Gana Kala Rathnam at the age of 12. He worked in All India Radio. In 2000, he was conferred the title, `Sangeetha Kala Acharya' by the Music Academy. He was awarded `Padma Bhushan' by the Government of India in 2003.
- "Musician-teacher par excellence". The Hindu. 13 June 2003. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "Kalam presents Padma awards". Rediff. 3 April 2003. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "Words of wisdom from a vidwan!". Narayana Vishwanath. New Indian Express. 10 December 2011. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "Vocalist, dance exponent honoured". The Hindu. 15 December 2005. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "Saluting a great teacher". The Hindu. 20 February 2014. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- Carnatic P.S Narayanaswamy
- P. S. Narayanaswamy
- P. S. Narayanaswami - Torchbearer of the Semmangudi Bani, Part 1
- P. S. Narayanaswami - Torchbearer of the Semmangudi Bani, Part 2