Nottingham Township, New Jersey
The Township was created on November 6, 1688, as a part of nascent Burlington County in the Province of West Jersey (half of the future Province of New Jersey). It was incorporated by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature as one of the State of New Jersey's initial group of 104 townships on February 21, 1798. On February 22, 1838, the township became part of the newly formed Mercer County.
On February 28, 1840, the Borough of South Trenton, New Jersey was created, and annexed in 1851 as part of Trenton. Hamilton Township was created on April 11, 1842, from portions of Nottingham. Portions of the township were annexed by Bordentown borough (now a city) on February 13, 1849.
- Snyder, John P. The Story of New Jersey's Civil Boundaries: 1606-1968, Bureau of Geology and Topography; Trenton, New Jersey; 1969. pp. 163. Accessed December 5, 2012.