|St. Louis Cardinals|
Born: May 10, 2000|
Gorman attended Sandra Day O'Connor High School in Phoenix, Arizona. He committed to play college baseball at the University of Arizona in August 2015. In 2016, as a sophomore, he batted .490 with 11 home runs and 49 RBIs, and in 2017, as a junior, he batted .361 with 11 home runs and 34 RBIs. That July, he won in the MLB High School Home Run Derby in Miami, Florida. Later in the month he played in the Under Armour All-America Baseball Game and won their home run derby. In September, he played for the USA Baseball 18U National Team, helping lead Team USA to their fourth consecutive gold medal. In 2018, as a senior, Gorman slashed .421/.641/.894 with ten home runs, helping lead O'Connor to a 6A baseball state championship.
Gorman was selected 19th overall by the St. Louis Cardinals in the 2018 Major League Baseball draft. He signed with St. Louis for $3,231,000 and was assigned to the Johnson City Cardinals of the Rookie Appalachian League. He homered in the second at-bat of his first professional game. After batting .345/.440/.662 with 11 home runs and 28 RBIs in 37 games, he was promoted to the Peoria Chiefs of the Class A Midwest League.
Gorman has been friends with fellow 2018 draft prospect, Matthew Liberatore, since they were five. Gorman was the first player born in the year 2000 to be drafted by a MLB team.
- "MLB Draft: Sandra Day O'Connor (Phoenix) slugger Nolan Gorman drafted by St. Louis Cardinals". USA TODAY High School Sports. June 5, 2018. Retrieved June 5, 2018.
- Alexander, Ari. "Two Arizona commits drafted in first round of MLB Draft". KVOA. Retrieved June 5, 2018.
- "Arizona commit Nolan Gorman wins High School Home Run Derby". USA TODAY High School Sports. Retrieved May 14, 2018.
- "Glendale athlete wins MLB High School Home Run Derby". azcentral.com. Retrieved May 14, 2018.
- "Gorman is Home Run king again, wins UA All-America Derby". MLB.com. Retrieved May 14, 2018.
- "Mountain Ridge's Matthew Liberatore, SDO's Nolan Gorman lead USA baseball to gold". azcentral.com. Retrieved May 14, 2018.
- Sanchez, Jesse (May 31, 2018). "The close friendship of two top Draft prospects". MLB.com. Retrieved June 25, 2018.
- Jackson, Darrell (May 24, 2018). "Mountain Ridge falls one game short of championship". Glendale Star. Retrieved June 25, 2018.
- Schaeffer, Brenden. "MLB Draft: Cardinals select two sluggers and a fast-rising college pitcher on day one". KMOV. Retrieved June 5, 2018.
- "Cardinals sign top 2018 Draft pick Gorman". MLB.com. June 11, 2018.
- Timmerman, Tom (June 12, 2018). "Cards' top draft pick Nolan Gorman visits Busch, signs contract". Herald&Review. St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Goold, Derek (June 21, 2018). "Cardinals' top draft pick Gorman homers in pro debut". St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Baugh, Peter (August 8, 2018). "Cardinals first-round pick Nolan Gorman promoted to Class A Peoria | Cardinal Beat". stltoday.com. Retrieved August 28, 2018.
- Morin, Richard (February 15, 2018). "Arizona's Matthew Liberatore and Nolan Gorman: Opponents, draft prospects — and best friends". AZcentral.com.
- Cwik, Chris (June 4, 2018). "Ready to feel old? Some of this year's MLB draft class were born in 2000". Yahoo Sports. Yahoo.com.