Nikolay Krylov (marshal)
|Nikolay Ivanovich Krylov|
29 April 1903|
Balashov Uyezd, Saratov Governorate, Russian Empire
9 February 1972 68) (aged|
Moscow, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
Nikolai Ivanovich Krylov (Russian: Никола́й Ива́нович Крыло́в; April 29, 1903 – February 9, 1972) was a Russian Marshal of the Soviet Union (from 1962). He was commander of the Strategic Missile Troops from 1963 to 1972.
During World War II, was chief of staff of the 62nd Army (1942–1943) and commanded the 5th Army (1943–1945). Following the war, he also commanded the Far Eastern (1947–1953), Leningrad (1957–1960) and Moscow Military Districts (1960–1963).
Honours and awards
- Twice Hero of the Soviet Union
- Fours Orders of Lenin
- Order of the October Revolution
- Order of Suvorov 1st class
- Order of Kutuzov 1st class
- Medal "For the Defence of Odessa"
- Medal "For the Defence of Sevastopol"
- Medal "For the Defence of Stalingrad"
- Medal "For the Capture of Königsberg"
- Commander of the Order of the Legion of Honour (France)
- "Nikolay Ivanovich Krylov". warheroes.ru (in Russian).