|Edited by||Alistair M. Hetherington|
New Phytologist is a peer-reviewed scientific journal published on behalf of the New Phytologist Trust by Wiley-Blackwell. It was founded in 1902 by botanist Arthur Tansley, who served as editor until 1931.
New Phytologist covers all aspects of plant science, with topics ranging from intracellular processes through to global environmental change, including:
- Physiology and development: intra/inter-cellular signalling, long-distance signalling, physiology, development, eco-devo - phenotypic plasticity, transport, biochemistry.
- Environment: global change and Earth system functioning, environmental stress, ecophysiology, plant–soil interactions, heavy metals.
- Interaction: multitrophic systems, mycorrhizas and pathogens, fungal genomics, nitrogen-fixing symbioses.
- Evolution: molecular evolution, population genetics, mating systems, phylogenetics, speciation, plant-enemy coevolution.
The journal publishes articles in the following categories:
- Original research articles
- Research reviews
- Meeting reports
- Modelling/Theory and Methods papers
- Tansley reviews
- Tansley insights