New Jersey General Assembly, 2018–19 term
The New Jersey General Assembly is the lower house of the New Jersey Legislature. The 2018–2019 term (218th legislative session) begins on January 9, 2018 and will end on January 14, 2020. The Assembly members elected to this term were elected on November 7, 2017 (except for those since appointed or elected in special elections) and will serve until the end of the next term in 2020. This assembly session was preceded by the 2016–2017 session and will be followed by the 2020–2021 session.
(Shading indicates majority caucus)
|End of previous legislature||52||28||80||0|
|Latest voting share||68%||33%|
Former members from this term
|District||Name||Party||Residence||First served||Left office||Cause|
|District 34||Sheila Oliver||Dem||East Orange||2004||January 9, 2018||Took office as Lieutenant Governor of New Jersey|
|District 15||Elizabeth Maher Muoio||Dem||Pennington||2015||January 15, 2018||Appointed State Treasurer of New Jersey|
|District 36||Marlene Caride||Dem||Ridgefield||2012||January 16, 2018||Appointed Commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance|
|District 32||Vincent Prieto||Dem||Secaucus||2004||February 26, 2018||Resigned to become President and CEO of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority|
|District 38||Joseph Lagana||Dem||Paramus||2014||April 12, 2018||Appointed to the District's Senate seat|
|District 38||Tim Eustace||Dem||Maywood||2012||April 13, 2018||Resigned to become Deputy Director of the North Jersey District Water Supply Commission|
|District 22||Jerry Green||Dem||Plainfield||1992||April 18, 2018||Death (long illness)|
|District 5||Arthur Barclay||Dem||Camden||2016||June 18, 2018||Resigned following arrest for simple assault|
|District 15||Reed Gusciora||Dem||Trenton||1996||June 30, 2018||Elected Mayor of Trenton|
- Unofficial List Candidates for General Assembly For General Election 11/07/2017 Election, New Jersey Department of State, November 8, 2017. Accessed November 12, 2017.
- Melisurgo, Len. "Updated election results: N.J. Senate and Assembly races 2017", NJ Advance Media for NJ.com, November 12, 2017.
- "New Jersey Legislative Digest for January 9, 2018". Office of Legislative Services. January 11, 2018. Retrieved January 13, 2018.
- O'Dea, Colleen (January 10, 2018). "Who's Who, Who's New, And Who's Blue In 218th Legislative Session". NJ Spotlight. Retrieved January 13, 2018.
- Curran, Phillip Sean. "Assemblywoman Muoio resigns, creating vacancy in legislature", CentralJersey.com, January 17, 2018. "State Assemblywoman Liz Muoio, a Democrat who represented parts of Mercer and Hunterdon counties since 2015, resigned her seat to join the Murphy administration, thus creating a vacancy that many Democrats want to fill.... But she submitted her resignation to the Assembly clerk on Friday to become acting state Treasurer until she gets confirmed by the Democrat-controlled state Senate. Her resignation took effect at the end of business Monday, according to an aide. She also left her job as the Mercer County director of economic development."
- Reitmeyer, John (April 13, 2018). "SENATE APPROVES MUOIO FOR STATE TREASURER, ONLY SECOND WOMAN TO GET THE NOD". NJ Spotlight. Retrieved April 14, 2018.
- Blosfield, Elizabeth (February 14, 2018). "Caride Named Acting Commissioner of N.J. Department of Banking and Insurance". Insurance Journal. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- Racioppi, Dustin (June 7, 2018). "Senate confirms six of Gov. Phil Murphy's Cabinet picks". NorthJersey.com. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- Johnson, Brent (February 15, 2018). "Ex-Assembly speaker Prieto lands $280K job as head of N.J. sports authority". NJ.com. Retrieved March 25, 2018.
- Van Vliet, John (April 4, 2018). "Assemblyman Joseph Lagana to Succeed Senator Bob Gordon in the 38th District". TAPinto. Retrieved April 14, 2018.
- Kanzler, Kaitlyn (April 12, 2018). "Tim Eustace to become deputy director of North Jersey District Water Supply Commission". NorthJersey.com. Retrieved April 14, 2018.
- Grzella, Paul C. (April 19, 2018). "Assemblyman Jerry Green of Plainfield has died". myCentralJersey.com. Retrieved April 21, 2018.
- Pizarro, Max (April 19, 2018). "Rest in Peace, Assemblyman and Union County Democratic Chairman Jerry Green of Plainfield". Insider NJ. Retrieved April 21, 2018.
- Trethan, Phaedra (June 18, 2018). "Assemblyman Arthur Barclay resigns after arrest for simple assault". Courier-Post. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- Foster, David (June 12, 2018). "Assemblyman Reed Gusciora becomes Trenton's first openly gay mayor in historic win". The Trentonian. Retrieved July 1, 2018.
- Abdur-Rahman, Sulaiman (July 26, 2018). "Mercer Freeholder Verrelli wins appointment to Gusciora's vacant Assembly seat". The Trentonian. Retrieved August 12, 2018.