Nature Republic store Myeong-dong in 2016
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
The brand was involved in a scandal in 2015, when its founder and former CEO Jung Woon-ho was imprisoned for embezzlement and breach of trust for gambling overseas. He also allegedly spent billions of won in lobbying for a shorter sentence. After replacing him with Kim Chang-ho, the brand opened more stores in the U.S, which already has 17 of its stores since 2012. It launched a store in Torrance, California, and has plans of opening another in Elmhurst, New York as part of its plans to continue building up its presence in the country.
Its best-known products are Ginseng Royal Silk Watery Cream, 92% Soothing Aloe Vera Gel, Nature Origin Collagen BB Cream 01 Light Beige, Argan Essential Conditioner and Jeju Sparkling Cleansing Water. Other products include cleaning foam,body lotion, body shower, hair essence series and so on.
Spokespersons and models
Rain became an endorser of Nature Republic in 2009.
On September 13, 2010, JYJ became the new endorsers of the brand after signing a one-year contract with Nature Republic. The company plans to use their strong influence in Asia by enacting “differentiated marketing strategies”, targeting not only domestic customers, but also foreign customers as well.
- "Nature Republic" (in Korean). naturerepublic. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Nature Republic". visitkorea.or.kr. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Nature Republic boosts entry into cosmetic industry with fifth store". theborneopost.com. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Nature Republic to open 6th and 7th store in Cambodia". bntnews.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- "Nature Republic is in the Philippines". philstar.com. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Nature Republic CEO's lawyer is in hot water". Korea JoongAng Daily. May 11, 2016. Retrieved September 12, 2016.
- "Nature Republic seeks to revive, first in US". The Korea Herald. July 20, 2016. Retrieved September 12, 2016.
- "NATURE REPUBLIC". www.naturerepublic.com. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- Retrieved 2016-08-23
- "Rain's "Nature Republic" CF released". allkpop. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "JYJ seals a 1 year contract with Nature Republic". allkpop. Retrieved 2013-11-07.
- "KARA's latest 'Nature Republic' CF revealed". allkpop. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Taeyeon and EXO score a 2-year endorsement deal with cosmetics brand 'Nature Republic'". allkpop. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "EXO-태연 함께 간다, 뷰티 브랜드 전속모델 재계약" (in Korean). Retrieved 2018-03-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nature Republic.|