This is a list of properties and historic districts in Washington that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. There are at least three listings in each of Washington's 39 counties.
The National Register of Historic Places recognizes buildings, structures, objects, sites, and districts of national, state, or local historic significance across the United States. Out of over 90,000 National Register sites nationwide, more than 1,500 are in Washington.
- This National Park Service list is complete through NPS recent listings posted August 31, 2018.
Current listings by county
The following are tallies of current listings by county.[lower-alpha 1]
- ↑ These counts are based on entries in the National Register Information Database as of April 24, 2008 and new weekly listings posted since then on the National Register of Historic Places web site. There are frequent additions to the listings and occasional delistings and the counts here are approximate and not official. New entries are added to the official Register on a weekly basis. Also, the counts in this table exclude boundary increase and decrease listings which only modify the area covered by an existing property or district, although carrying a separate National Register reference number.
- ↑ Several historic resources in Washington are included on multiple county lists:
- ↑ Andrus, Patrick W.; Shrimpton, Rebecca H.; et al. (2002), How to Apply the National Register Criteria for Evaluation, National Register Bulletin (15), National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior, retrieved June 20, 2014.
- ↑ National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places Program: Research, retrieved January 28, 2015.
- ↑ "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 31, 2018.
- Roberts, George; Roberts, Jan (1999). Discover Historic Washington State, Gem Guides Book Company, ISBN 1-889786-07-1.
- Historic Places in Washington, Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation, Olympia, Washington, 2008-10-01. The Washington Heritage Register includes all Washington sites on the National Register, plus numerous additional sites.