National Register of Historic Places listings in Butler County, Nebraska
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Butler County, Nebraska. It is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Butler County, Nebraska, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 13 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Barcal Site||Upload image||March 24, 1972
|2||Bellwood Archeological Site||Upload image||August 13, 1974
|3||Big Blue River Bridge||June 29, 1992
|Township road over the Big Blue River, 1 mile southeast of Surprise
41°06′03″N 97°17′28″W / 41.100833°N 97.291111°W
|4||Butler County District No. 10 School||December 7, 2011
|2030 County Road 45 1/2
41°24′07″N 96°59′34″W / 41.40189°N 96.99267°W
|Linwood vicinity||part of the School Buildings in Nebraska MPS|
|5||Clear Creek Bridge||June 29, 1992
|Township road over Clear Creek, 5.8 miles northwest of Bellwood
41°23′03″N 97°20′06″W / 41.384167°N 97.335°W
|6||David City Park and Municipal Auditorium||November 15, 2000
|Southern side of town, bordering Nebraska Highway 15
41°14′45″N 97°07′26″W / 41.245833°N 97.123889°W
|7||Fremont, Elkhorn and Missouri Valley Railroad Depot||October 11, 1979
|1st and Maple Sts.
41°04′58″N 97°01′06″W / 41.082778°N 97.018333°W
|8||Linwood Site||Upload image||March 16, 1972
|9||St. Mary of the Assumption Catholic Church, School and Grottoes||December 4, 2008
|336 W. Pine St.
41°05′02″N 97°01′22″W / 41.08388°N 97.02273°W
|10||Surprise Opera House||July 6, 1988
|Southeastern corner of the intersection of Miller and River Sts.
41°06′10″N 97°18′38″W / 41.102778°N 97.310556°W
|11||Chauncey S. Taylor House||June 25, 1982
|715 4th St.
41°15′23″N 97°08′32″W / 41.256389°N 97.142222°W
|12||Thorpe's Opera House||September 28, 1988
|457½ D St.
41°15′09″N 97°07′44″W / 41.2525°N 97.128889°W
|13||Upper Oak Creek Descent Ruts of the Woodbury Cutoff, Ox Bow Trail of the California Road||November 27, 1992
|Roughly 4 miles southeast of Brainard
41°07′35″N 96°58′26″W / 41.12636°N 96.97378°W
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 31, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Butler County, Nebraska.|
- Nebraska National Register Sites in Butler County–Nebraska State Historical Society