National Register of Historic Places listings in Antelope County, Nebraska
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Antelope County, Nebraska.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties on the National Register of Historic Places in Antelope County, Nebraska, United States. The locations of National Register properties for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 11 properties listed on the National Register in the county.
|Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Antelope County Courthouse||December 3, 1980
|501-511 Main St.
42°07′48″N 98°01′44″W / 42.13°N 98.028889°W
|2||Bridge||June 29, 1992
|Township road over an unnamed stream, 6.8 miles northeast of Royal
42°24′50″N 98°04′02″W / 42.413889°N 98.067222°W
|Royal||Bridge apparently gone: see photo. Site not listed on Nebraska State Historical Society's website.|
|3||Downtown Neligh Historic District||Upload image||November 9, 2017
|Main St. from 5th to 2nd Sts.
42°07′43″N 98°01′48″W / 42.128589°N 98.029883°W
|4||Elkhorn River Bridge||June 29, 1992
|Township road over the Elkhorn River, 3 miles east of Clearwater
42°09′36″N 98°07′33″W / 42.160000°N 98.125833°W
|5||Gates College Gymnasium||April 20, 1981
|509 L St.
42°07′49″N 98°01′40″W / 42.130278°N 98.027778°W
|6||Kester Planing Mill||July 28, 2014
|Southwest corner, 4th and O Streets
42°07′42″N 98°01′58″W / 42.128444°N 98.032849°W
|7||Maybury-McPherson House||March 14, 1996
|502 E. 4th St.
42°07′44″N 98°01′26″W / 42.128889°N 98.023889°W
|8||Neligh Mill||October 15, 1969
|111 W. 2nd St.; also includes the mill elevators; also irregular tracts in Block 2 of the original Neligh survey and in the northern half of the southeastern quarter of Section 20, Township 25 North, Range 6 West
42°07′35″N 98°01′50″W / 42.126389°N 98.030556°W
|Neligh||Mill elevators represent a boundary increase; irregular tracts represent a boundary increase of April 2, 2010|
|9||Neligh Mill Bridge||June 29, 1992
|Elm St. over the Elkhorn River
42°07′32″N 98°01′51″W / 42.125556°N 98.030833°W
|Neligh||Bridge damaged by flooding in June 2010; Antelope County Board of Supervisors voted in April 2011 to remove it, but rescinded this decision in June 2011.|
|10||St. Peter's Episcopal Church||December 3, 1980
|411 L St.
42°07′46″N 98°01′42″W / 42.1294°N 98.0283°W
|11||Verdigris Creek Bridge||June 29, 1992
|Township road over Verdigris Creek, 1.9 miles northeast of Royal
42°21′31″N 98°06′23″W / 42.358611°N 98.106389°W
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 31, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- "Nebraska National Register Sites in Antelope County". Nebraska State Historical Society. Retrieved 2010-04-09.
- See photo with street sign.
- "Neligh's Mill Bridge is History". Neligh News and Leader. 2011-05-04.
- Anchan, Asha. "Bridge's future still undecided". Norfolk Daily News. 2011-06-08. Retrieved 2011-08-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Antelope County, Nebraska.|
- Nebraska National Register Sites in Antelope County–Nebraska State Historical Society