|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Narasimhawadi commonly known as Narsobawadi or Narsobachi Wadi is a small town in Shirol Tahasil in Kolhapur district, Maharashtra. Narsobawadi gets its name from the presence of 'Shri Narasimha Saraswati', the Purna Avatar of Lord Dattatreya. With a lot of archaeological value this became a major pilgrim spot for many Shri Dattatrey devotee. Also, there is a confluence of the two rivers Panchganga and Krishna.
Narasimhawadi is famous for the Hindu temple of Shri Narasimha Saraswati (Marathi: नरसिहसरस्वती) (1378–1458) . Shri Dattatreya in his Narasimha Saraswati incarnation is believed to have lived here for as long as 12 years. (Ref. Shri Gurucharitra). The life story of Shri Narasimha Saraswati, his philosophy and related stories are described in Shri Guru Charitra. There are no images or idols here which show his presence. But there are two padukas or slippers which immortalize his great avatar.
Temple’s Daily Schedule:
- 05.00 Kakad Aarti and Paduka Puja
- 08.00 to 12.00 Rudrabhishek
- 12.30 to 13.30 Maha Puja, Aarti
- 15.00 to 16.00 Pavamana Sookta Parayan
- 19.30 Dhoop Aarti
- 20.00 Palkhi
- 22.00 Shej Aarti
- (after the Shej Aarti the temple is closed for devotees)
Festivals celebrated in Temple
- Datta Jayanti
- Narasimha Jayanti is celebrated in the Hindu calneder Pushya month
- Gopal Kala Utsav is celebrated from Magha Poornima to Phalguna Panchami.
- Sripada Srivallabha Jayanthi is celebrated in Badrapada Masa on Ganesha Chaturthi Day
- Dakshin dwar Sohla in which Krishna river water flows from North gate to South gate through temple
Location and transportation
Narasimhawadi is a small town located at the banks of Krishna river. It is about 3 km from Shirol Taluka. Kurundawad is the nearest town and is about 2 km away. Narasimhawadi may be reached by state transport buses that available from Jaysingpur and Kolhapur. Nearest railway station is Jaysingpur which is about 17 km from this place. The typical distances from major cities in Maharashtra are: Pune – Narsoba Wadi (254 km), Sangli – Narsoba Wadi (22 km), Miraj – Narsoba Wadi (19 km), Jaysingpur – Narsoba Wadi (16.7 km), Kolhapur – Narsoba Wadi (52 km), Audumbar – Narsoba Wadi (53 km), Nipanni – Narsoba Wadi (45 km), Mumbai – Narsoba Wadi (405 km via Mumbai Bangalore Express Highway). (Ref. Google Maps)