|Hubs||Sabiha Gökçen International Airport|
|Focus cities||Istanbul Atatürk Airport|
MyCargo Airlines, legally incorporated and formerly named ACT Airlines (Turkish: ACT Havayollari), is a Turkish cargo airline based in the Ekinci Residence Building Level 7, in Kurtköy, Istanbul, Turkey. It operates international scheduled and charter air cargo services, as well as wet and dry lease services. Its main base is Sabiha Gökçen International Airport, Istanbul.
Established in 2004, the company changed ownership in March 2006 when Turkish aviation veteran Yavuz Cizmeci teamed up with HBK Investments to acquire the company. In February 2008, a 21% equity stake was acquired by Manara Investments Ltd. Manara is an investment vehicle sponsored by four leading Saudi business groups. New partners and existing shareholders expect ACT Airlines to become a leading regional and international player.
ACT received the prestigious SCATA Supply Chain and Transport Award for ‘The Air Cargo Operator of the Year’ in recognition of its exceptional customer service in 2007. The airlines also applied for IATA certification after completing the IATA Operational Safety Audit in 2007.
In 2011, China's HNA Group (partnered with Bravia Capital) bought 49% of the shares of ACT Airlines. 50.9% of the shares remain with Daglar Cizmeci and %0,1 with other Turkish holders. ACT Airlines rebranded as myCargo after this alliance took place.:
MyCargo Airlines formerly operated five Airbus A300 freighter aircraft with 1 hull loss in 2010. All those aircraft were retired in March 2013.
Incidents and Accidents
- On 1 March 2010, an Airbus A300 registration TC-ACB sustained substantial damage when the port undercarriage collapsed on landing at Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan.
- On 16 January 2017 Turkish Airlines Flight 6491, a wet leased Boeing B747-412F operating as TC-MCL overshot the runway on approach to Manas Airport, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. The crash killed all four crew members and 34 people on the ground.
- "myCARGO Headquarters." myCARGO. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 27 March 2007. p. 45.
- "Official Company Documents & Sources , History of myCargo Airlines". myCARGO. Retrieved 13 April 2016.
- HNA Group and Bravia Capital Complete Acquisition of MyCargo Airlines 24 October 2011
- "Official Company Documents & Sources , myCargo Airlines Fleet". myCARGO. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- Turkey's myCargo retires its last A300B4 freighters Retrieved 18 August 2013
- "Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Archived from the original on 6 March 2010. Retrieved 1 March 2010.
- "Kyrgyzstan Mourns Victims Of Plane Crash That Devastated Village". Radio Free Europe. RFE/RL's Kyrgyz Service. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- "Belarus' First Deputy Foreign Minister signs Book of Condolences at Kyrgyzstan's embassy". Belarusin Telegraph Agency. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- Günter Endres, ed. (2010). Flight International World Airlines 2010. Sutton, Surrey, England: Reed Business Information. ISBN 978-1-898779-39-1.