|Member of the House of Representatives|
Assumed office |
12 January 2016
27 June 1970|
|Political party||Christian Democratic Appeal|
Mustafa Amhaouch (born 27 June 1970) is a Dutch politician, he has been a member of the House of Representatives of the Netherlands for the Christian Democratic Appeal since 12 January 2016, when he replaced Peter Oskam. Previously he served as municipal councillor in Helden between 1997 and 2006.
Amhaouch was born on 27 June 1970 in Panningen. His parents had immigrated from Morocco seven years before. Amhaouch received his primary education in Helden, afterwards he attended the lower technical school in Panningen from 1985 to 1988. The three subsequent years he attended the middle technical school in Venlo. He studied control theory at the Fontys University of Applied Sciences in Venlo from 1991 to 1995.
After finishing his education Amhaouch worked for Philips Medical Systems for a year. He then became an engineer and later manager at ASML, where he worked from 1996 to 2016, when he was appointed to the House of Representatives of the Netherlands.
Amhaouch was a member of the municipal council of Helden for the Christian Democratic Appeal (CDA) between March 1997 and 16 March 2007, serving as group leader between 2004 and 2006. In the Parliamentary elections of 2010 Amhaouch occupied number 41 on the Christian Democratic Appeal party list, he was not elected. In the Parliamentary elections of 2012 he occupied place sixteen on the list and was not elected.
On 12 January 2016 Amhaouch joined the House of Representatives of the Netherlands when he replaced Peter Oskam. He was the first CDA Representative of Moroccan descent, and the first Muslim since 2012. In the House he is occupied with internal affairs, Kingdom relations, technology and ICT.
Amhaouch was made member of the Order of Orange-Nassau on 27 April 2007.
- "Met Mustafa Amhaouch heeft CDA weer moslim in Tweede Kamer" (in Dutch). Nederlands Dagblad. 13 January 2016. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Mustafa Amhaouch gaat voor CDA Tweede Kamer in" (in Dutch). 1Limburg. 26 November 2015. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Mustafa Amhaouch opvolger van Oskam in CDA-Tweede Kamerfractie" (in Dutch). Parlement.com. 12 January 2016. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Mustafa Amhaouch nieuw CDA-Kamerlid" (in Dutch). House of Representatives. 14 January 2016. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- (in Dutch) Parlement.com biography