Museum of Turkish Calligraphy Art

The Museum of Turkish Calligraphy Art (Turkish: Türk Vakıf Hat Sanatları Müzesi) is a museum located in Beyazıt Square in Fatih district of Istanbul, Turkey. Constructed between 1506–08, the building formerly served as the medrese of Bayezid II Complex which was built within the order of Sultan Bayezid II, son of Mehmed the Conqueror. Its collection consists of 3121[1] pieces mainly reflecting Islamic calligraphic art.


The museum was first opened as the "Writing Museum" at the medrese of Yavuz Selim Complex in 1968. In 1984, it was moved to its present location and renamed "Museum of Turkish Calligraphy Art".[2]

See also


  1. Archived from the original on 2014-09-27. Missing or empty |title= (help)
  2. Missing or empty |title= (help)

Coordinates: 41°00′36″N 28°57′48″E / 41.0100°N 28.9632°E / 41.0100; 28.9632

This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.