Muhammad Ajmal Khan
|Muhammad Ajmal Khan|
University of Karachi|
|Known for||Expert in the field of Halophyte Biology|
Pride of Performance
|Institutions||University of Karachi|
Muhammad Ajmal Khan is a Pakistani Botanist, currently he is serving as the 17th Vice-Chancellor of University of Karachi.
Education and career
Dr Khan has spent 40 years in teaching and research he received his BSc(Hons) degree in Botany in 1973, MSc in Plant Physiology in 1974 from University of Karachi, PhD in Physiological Ecology from Ohio University in 1985 and DSc in Botany again from University of Karachi in 2010.
Awards and honors
- Presidential Award of Sitara-e-Imtiaz
- Distinguished National Professor
- Meritorious Professor
- Distinguished Scientist of the year 2008 in Botany
- Fellow of the Islamic World Academy of Sciences (IAS)
- Fellow of Academy of Sciences for the Developing World (TWAS)
- Fellow, Pakistan Academy of Sciences
- Presidential Award of Pride of Performance
- Distinguished Visiting Professor, King Saud University, KSA
- Qatar Shell Professorial Chair in Sustainable Development, Qatar University
- "Dr Muhammad Ajmal Khan appointed University of Karachi's 17th vice-chancellor". tribune.com.pk.
- "Dr. Ajmal takes charge as KU's vice chancellor". www.samaa.tv.
- "Karachi University gets a new vice chancellor". www.geo.tv.
- "Dr. Ajmal Khan Appointed As KU's Vice Chancellor". www.pakistanpoint.com.
- "New VC aims to put KU among top in world". www.thenews.com.pk.
- "Dr Muhammad Ajmal Khan". www.awamiweb.com.
- "Dr. M. Ajmal Khan". www.halophyte.org.