Minister for Policing
|Minister of State for Policing and the Fire Service|
Royal Arms as used by Her Majesty's Government
The Minister of State for Policing, Fire and Criminal Justice is a ministerial position held jointly at the Home Office and the Ministry of Justice in the Government of the United Kingdom. Conservative MP Mike Penning held the portfolio between July 2014 and July 2016. He was promoted by new Prime Minister Theresa May in 2016, with his successor announced as Brandon Lewis. The post was created by the splitting of the now-defunct office of the Minister for Security, Counter-Terrorism, Crime and Policing into two new ministerial posts: Security & Counter-Terrorism and Crime & Policing. From January 2016 onwards the Minister is responsible for the portfolio for Fire and Rescue Services.
|Name||Portrait||Term of office||Political party||P.M.|
|David Maclean||27 May 1993||2 May 1997||Conservative||John Major|
|Alun Michael||2 May 1997||27 October 1998||Labour||Tony Blair|
|Paul Boateng||27 October 1998||11 June 2001||Labour|
|John Denham||11 June 2001||13 June 2003||Labour|
|Hazel Blears||13 June 2003||5 May 2006||Labour|
|Tony McNulty||5 May 2006||3 October 2008||Labour|
|Vernon Coaker||3 October 2008||3 June 2009||Labour|
|David Hanson||10 June 2009||11 May 2010||Labour|
|Nick Herbert||13 May 2010||4 September 2012||Conservative||David Cameron|
|Damian Green||4 September 2012||15 July 2014||Conservative|
|Mike Penning||15 July 2014||16 July 2016||Conservative|
|Brandon Lewis||16 July 2016||12 June 2017||Conservative||Theresa May|
|Nick Hurd||12 June 2017||Incumbent||Conservative|
- "The Rt Hon Nick Herbert - GOV.UK". Homeoffice.gov.uk. Retrieved 2016-08-21.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 25 January 2011. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 April 2012. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 21 December 2011. Retrieved 2015-09-16.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 11 October 2011. Retrieved 2015-09-16.