|Colorado Rockies – No. 44|
Born: September 16, 1996|
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Michael Joseph Nikorak (born September 16, 1996) is an American professional baseball pitcher in the Colorado Rockies organization. He was drafted by the Rockies in the first round of the 2015 Major League Baseball Draft.
Nikorak attended Stroudsburg High School in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania. He played baseball and football. In September 2013 he committed to the University of Alabama to play college baseball. As a junior, he went 4–3 with a 1.01 earned run average (ERA) and 66 strikeouts in 47 2⁄3 innings and also batted .460. Nikorak impressed scouts during numerous showcases during the summer 2014 after he hit 97 miles per hour.
Nikorak was selected by the Colorado Rockies with the 27th selection in the 2015 Major League Baseball Draft. He signed with the Rockies, and was assigned to the Grand Junction Rockies, where he posted a 0-4 record with a 11.72 ERA in 17.2 innings pitched. Nikorak returned to Grand Junction in 2016, where he improved, going 1-0 with a 3.68 ERA in 28.1 innings pitched.
On April 12, 2017, it was revealed that Nikorak would undergo Tommy John surgery, causing him to miss the 2017 season.
His brother Steve Nikorak played in the Chicago White Sox organization.
- "Mcall.com: Groller's Corner Blog". mcall.com. Retrieved June 16, 2015.
- "Alabama baseball signee Mike Nikorak named to All-USA Preseason Team". AL.com. Retrieved June 16, 2015.
- MIKE KUHNS. "Stroudsburg junior Mike Nikorak is the Pocono Record's baseball POY". poconorecord.com. Retrieved June 16, 2015.
- MIKE KUHNS. "Nikorak emerges as top 2015 pitching prospect". poconorecord.com. Retrieved June 16, 2015.
- Shawn McFarland. "Mike Nikorak Looks to Pitch his Way to the Top of Draft Boards". Baseball Essential. Retrieved June 16, 2015.
- Mike Kuhns Record Sports Editor. "Mounties' Nikorak shrugs off pressure". poconorecord.com. Retrieved June 16, 2015.
- Lynn Ondrusek Pocono Record Writer. "Major league scouts line up for a look at Mounties' pitching phenom". poconorecord.com. Retrieved June 16, 2015.
- The Morning Call (April 10, 2015). "Stroudsburg High's Mike Nikorak is ESPN's No. 10 MLB Draft prospect - The Morning Call". themorningcall.com. Retrieved June 16, 2015.
- "Mike Nikorak Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". Retrieved November 2, 2017.
- "Mike Nikorak having Tommy John". Baseball America. Retrieved April 12, 2017.