|• ISO 259||Migdal|
|Coordinates: 32°50′20.68″N 35°29′57.46″E / 32.8390778°N 35.4992944°ECoordinates: 32°50′20.68″N 35°29′57.46″E / 32.8390778°N 35.4992944°E|
|• Type||Local council (from 1949)|
|• Head of Municipality||Israel Sason Amrosi|
|• Total||11,395 dunams (11.395 km2 or 4.400 sq mi)|
Migdal is named after a city from the Second Temple period called "Magdala". The ancient city is believed to have been located in the location of the depopulated Palestinian village of al-Madjdal, which preserved the name.
In 1908, a small group of German Catholics who identified the site as the birthplace of Mary Magdalene settled there. They left after a year and the land was bought by Russian Zionists who founded a farm, Ahuzat Moskva (Moscow Estate) in 1910. This settlement was adjacent to the Arab village al-Majdal. A few years later, the land was sold to private investors. An encampment of Gdud HaAvoda workers who built the Tiberias-Rosh Pina road was established there in 1921.