|Member of Parliament|
for Mid Dorset and North Poole
Assumed office |
8 May 2015
|Preceded by||Annette Brooke|
1 October 1977|
Wokingham, Berkshire, England
|Alma mater||King's College London|
Michael James Tomlinson-Mynors known as Michael Tomlinson (born 1 October 1977) is a Conservative Party politician in the United Kingdom. He is the Member of Parliament (MP) for the constituency of Mid Dorset and North Poole after gaining the seat from the Liberal Democrats at the 2015 General Election.
Tomlinson was educated at Hereford Cathedral School and graduated from King's College London with a BA in Classics before studying for a Postgraduate Diploma in Law at the College of Law and becoming a barrister at Middle Temple. He was awarded the Queen Mother Scholarship and represented Middle Temple in international mooting competitions in the United States and Hong Kong.
Tomlinson has represented the constituency of Mid Dorset and North Poole since the 2015 General Election. He lists his main areas of interest as education, employment, infrastructure and justice. He made his maiden speech in the House of Commons on 22 June 2015 during a debate on the Education and Adoption Bill. Tomlinson is currently the Chairman of the All Party Parliamentary Group for Youth Employment.
Tomlinson is currently a member of the European Scrutiny Committee. He voted for the UK to hold a referendum on continued membership of the European Union and he subsequently supported the campaign to leave the European Union.
Tomlinson was appointed parliamentary private secretary to the ministers at the Department of International Development in 2017 and was promoted to parliamentary private secretary to the Secretary of State, Penny Mordaunt, in 2018. He had previously been involved in pro bono legal projects in Rwanda and Sierra Leone.
- Parliamentary Member's Names Information Service
- "No. 61230". The London Gazette. 18 May 2015. p. 9121.
- "Mid Dorset and North Poole Parliamentary constituency". BBC News. Retrieved 7 May 2015.
- "Michael Tomlinson - 3PB Barristers' Chambers". www.3pb.co.uk. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "Michael Tomlinson MP About Me". Michael Tomlinson MP. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Michael Tomlinson MP, Mid Dorset and North Poole - TheyWorkForYou". TheyWorkForYou. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "About Us". APPG for Youth Employment. 2 July 2015. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "European Scrutiny Committee - Membership". UK Parliament. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Tomlinson says no to European Union". Bournemouth Echo. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Michael joins Department of International Development". Michael Tomlinosn MP. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Michael Tomlinson" (PDF). Michael Tomlinosn MP. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Michael Tomlinosn MP" (PDF). Michael Tomlinosn MP. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Michael John Tomlinson". Cricket Archive. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "Dorset v Herefordshire". Cricket Archive. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "About Me". Michael Tomlinson MP. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Contributions in Parliament at Hansard 2010–present
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
| Member of Parliament
for Mid Dorset and North Poole