Timell at the Kristallen gala in 2013
Carl Martin Timell|
13 November 1957
|Occupation||Carpenter, television presenter|
Carl Martin Timell (born 13 November 1957) is a Swedish television presenter.
He started his career as a television host on SVT in the 1980s, hosting several entertainment and children's programs. In 1996 he moved to TV4 where he worked as one of the channel's main profiles, as a host for multiple television programs. He is best known for hosting Äntligen hemma, one of the most successful and long-running Swedish Do it yourself-shows, since 1997.
In October 2017, all of Timell's shows on TV4 were cancelled after the hashtag #MeToo had been used by a few women to point out Timell's sexual and mental abuse of them. He was also suspended from TV4. On 6 March 2018 he was formally charged with rape for having performed digital penetration on a woman against her will whilst having a bath in a hot tub. The incident was alleged to have taken place in the fall of 2008. The trial began on 21 May 2018 and on 8 June he was acquitted.
Timell is married and has two children. He is the brother of Anders Timell, a Swedish restaurant manager and radio host.
- "Swedish media probe sexual offence allegations". The Local. 20 October 2017. Retrieved 20 October 2017.
- Expressen: Martin Timell bryter tystnaden – och erkänner
- "Martin Timell åtalas för våldtäkt". Aftonbladet (in Swedish). 6 March 2018. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- "Rättegången mot Martin Timell inleds". Sveriges Television (in Swedish). 21 May 2018. Retrieved 13 June 2018.
- "Martin Timell frias i våldtäktsmål". Aftonbladet (in Swedish). 8 June 2018. Retrieved 13 June 2018.
- "Brorsan och jag". Aftonbladet (in Swedish). 18 April 1999. Retrieved 5 May 2010.