Biography and professional career
Stacey was born in Neath, Glamorgan, South Wales. He moved to London and worked for the Bonhams and Sotheby's auction houses. He then became head of Decorative Arts and later Director of Hamptons/Dreweatt Neate Fine Art.
Stacey has made regular appearances as an antiques expert on the BBC programmes Bargain Hunt, Flog It!, Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is and Antiques Road Trip. In June 2009 Stacey took part in a light-hearted interview on the BBC lunchtime programme The Daily Politics where he was asked advice about the value of items owned by famous people, in the wake of the UK Parliament's expenses scandal.
In 2011 Stacey opened an antiques shop in Kemptown, Brighton, East Sussex.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-10-04. Retrieved 2011-09-13. (Retrieved 2011-09-13)
- www.markstacey.co.uk About Mark (Retrieved 2011-09-13)
- Bate, Karen (16 October 2011). "Two antiques dealers to star on TV". Salisbury Journal. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- Rahman, Sophia (10 January 2013). "East Lancashire antiques dealers step into the TV spotlight". Lancashire Telegraph. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- "BBC NEWS - Programmes - Daily Politics - Bath plug, duck house or trouser press?". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- "Mark Stacey Of Bargain Hunt Opens Antiques Shop In Kemptown". SO Brighton & Hove Magazine. 6 July 2011. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- "Home - REEMAN DANSIE". reemandansie.com. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- "Egyptian sarcophagus found in Essex home sells for £13,500". bbc.co.uk. 27 November 2014. Retrieved 6 February 2017 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Interview with Flog It! presenter Mark Stacey". sussexlife.co.uk. Retrieved 6 February 2017.