Management Information Systems Quarterly
|Discipline||Information science, management|
|Edited by||Arun Rai (Professor)|
Management Information Systems Research Center (United States)
|Manag. Inf. Syst. Q.|
Management Information Systems Quarterly is a quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal that covers research in the areas of management information systems and information technology. It was established in 1977 and is widely regarded as one of the two most prestigious journals in the information systems discipline. It is an official journal of the Association for Information Systems and is published by the Management Information Systems Research Center (University of Minnesota). The current editor-in-chief is Dr. Arun Rai from Georgia State University.
The journal had the highest impact factor (4.978) of all peer-reviewed academic journals in the field of Business from 1992–2005. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2015 impact factor of 5.384.
Past editors-in-chief in order of succession have been:
- "Introduction - MIS Journal Rankings". Association for Information Systems. Archived from the original on 2010-01-05. Retrieved 2008-09-01.
- Ferratt, T.W.; Gorman, M.F.; Kanet, J.J.; Salisbury, W.D. (2007). "IS Journal Quality Assessment Using the Author Affiliation Index". Communications of the Association for Information Systems. 19: 710–724.
- Galletta, D. (October 2007). "President's Message". Association for Information Systems. Archived from the original on 2014-08-14.
- "MIS Quarterly appoints new Editor-in-Chief" (PDF).
- Mangematin, V.; Baden-Fuller, C. (2008). "Global Contests in the Production of Business Knowledge: Regional Centres and Individual Business Schools". Long Range Planning. 41: 117–139. doi:10.1016/j.lrp.2007.11.005.
- "Management Information Systems Quarterly". 2015 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.