Main Staff of the Army of the Republic of Serb Krajina
|Main Staff of the Army of the Republic of Serb Krajina|
Главни штаб Српске војске Крајине /
Glavni štab Srpske vojske Krajine
|Part of||Ministry of Defence|
Mile Novaković |
The Main Staff of the Army of the Republic of Serb Krajina (Serbian: Главни штаб Српске војске Крајине / Glavni štab Srpske vojske Krajine) was the highest professional and staff organ for preparation and use of the Army of the Republic of Serb Krajina in war and in peace.
The Main Staff was formed on 16 October 1992, and its activities started on 27 November of the same year. During its existence, the Main Staff had constant problems with personnel.
The Main Staff consisted of the following sectors:
- Operational activities
- Religious and justice affairs
- Logistical support
- Air Force and Air Defence
- Recruitment and mobilization
- Army Inspectorate
- 105th Aviation Brigade
- 44th Artillery-Rocket Brigade of the Air Defence
- 75th Mixed Artillery Brigade
- 75th Rear Base
- Training Center "1300 Corporals"
- Military Police Battalion
- Communications Battalion
- House of the Army
- Army Library
- Army Band
- Training Center "Alpha"
On the other hand, a joint command existed in the Main Staff, which coordinated activities of all departments. It was headed by Major General Borislav Đukić (1993–1994) and Major General Dušan Lončar (1994–1995).
- Vrcelj, Маrko (2002). War for Serbian Krajina: 1991–1995 (in Serbian). Belgrade/Knin: Srpsko kulturno društvo Zora. p. 254. ISBN 86-83809-06-4.
- Novaković, Kosta (2009). Serbian Krajina: rises, falls, elevations (in Serbian). Belgrade: Srpsko kulturno društvo Zora. ISBN 978-86-83809-54-7.
- Sekulić, Milisav (2000). Knin Fell in Belgrade. Bad Vilbel: Nidda Verlag.