|Launched||18 September 2005|
|Owned by||Viacom International Media Networks|
|Canal Digital & Viasat||-|
- MTV Norway launched in September 2005 along with MTV Sweden and MTV Norsk. Before the start country-specific channels, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland had been served by a common channel called MTV Nordic, launched on June 5, 1998 which replaced the MTV Europe feed.
- MTV Norway's offices are based at MTV Networks International's Nordic offices in Stockholm with a local office in Oslo. The channel is broadcast from the MTV Networks Europe headquarters in London and Warsaw.
- During the days of MTV Nordic, languages other than English were rarely spoken on MTV in Norway. With the start of MTV Norway, several Norwegian speaking programmes were produced for example MTV News.
- Since the mid-2000s MTV Norway shares a similar schedule to its other European counterparts featuring mainly reality based content from MTV US and very few music videos.
- Since 2009, MTV Norway's localized content has been reduced this is seen both on-air and on-line. Its website mtv.no is entirely in English where previously it was available in Norwegian. All programming is in English with Norwegian subtitles, with exception to local produced programming and local advertising.