Longhua District, Shenzhen
Shenzhen North Station West Square
Longhua (highlighted in yellow) in Shenzhen
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||175 km2 (68 sq mi)|
|• Density||7,900/km2 (20,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
|Longhua District, Shenzhen|
|Cantonese Yale||Lùhngwàh Sān Kēui|
|Hanyu Pinyin||Lónghuá Xīn Qū|
|Alternative Chinese name|
Longhua was established as a new district on 30 December 2011 by the Shenzhen municipal government, being separated from Bao'an District. It was one of the four "new districts" established within Shenzhen (Longhua New District, Guangming New District, Pingshan New District and Dapeng New District), due to the rapid expansion of city urban area after the 2000s. It was still part of Bao'an District in administrative management. On 11 October 2016, Longhua was officially separated from Bao'an District and became a district on its own.
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Canton Romanization||Population (2010)||Area (km2)|
|Longhua Subdistrict||龙华街道||Lónghuá Jiēdào||lung4 wa4 gai1 dou6||367,521||24.80|
|Minzhi Subdistrict||民治街道||Mínzhì Jiēdào||men4 ji6 gai1 dou6||281,652||30.69|
|Dalang Subdistrict||大浪街道||Dàlàng Jiēdào||dai6 long6 gai1 dou6||277,689||37.20|
|Guanlan Subdistrict||观澜街道||Guānlán Jiēdào||gun1 lan4 gai1 dou6||452,598||34.60|
|Fucheng Subdistrict||福城街道||Fúchéng Jiēdào||fug1 xing4 gai1 dou6|
|Guanhu Subdistrict||观湖街道||Guānhú Jiēdào||gun1 wu4 gai1 dou6|
By the end of 2012, Longhua New District covered an area of 175.58 square kilometres. The new district is situated in the north part of Shenzhen city, and lying on the middle vertical main axis of the city, being just north of the Futian CBD, Shenzhen. It borders Dongguan City to the north.
Longhua New District is one of the main production bases in Shenzhen. It consists of manufacturing industry, trading industries and information technology. Altogether forms an outward economic structure which is typical in Shenzhen Special Economic Zone.
Longhua is considered as a transportation hub within the city. It houses the Shenzhen North Railway Station, a high-speed railway station. Both the Guangzhou–Shenzhen–Hong Kong Express Rail Link, which connects Beijing and Hong Kong (Kowloon), and the Xiamen-Shenzhen Express Rail, runs through the station.
A large part of Longhua New District has also been heavily developed into a high end residential area, with recent property developments established on a mostly undeveloped land surrounding the Shenzhen North Railway Station. Parts of the old industrial areas in the district are also planned to be demolished and restructured into more residential area to cope with the rapid expansion of population in the district.
List of Private housing estates in Longhua Longhua is an area with a high density of Private housing estates. Some of the larger private housing estates in Longhua are:
- Lvjing 1866 - built by China LVGEM Property Holdings Limited (HKEX:0095)
- Lvjing Xiangsong - built by China LVGEM Property Holdings Limited (HKEX:0095)
- Shuixiechuntian - built by Top Spring International Holdings Limited (HKEX:3688)
Two provincial parks are located in Longhua District: Guanlan Renmin Park and Longhua Park.
- Hong Kong Government. "Shenzhen to develop two new zones". Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- Sina. 国务院批复同意设立深圳市龙华区和坪山区. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the people's republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- "航拍龙华新区上油松十大旧改项目". sznews.com. 2016-01-13. Retrieved 2016-01-13.
- Longhua New District official government website
- Longhua New District official government website (in Chinese)
- iLonghua (in Chinese)