List of vegetarian restaurants
This is a list of vegetarian and vegan restaurants. Vegetarian cuisine refers to food that meets vegetarian standards by not including meat and animal tissue products. For lacto-ovo vegetarianism (the most common type of vegetarianism in the Western world), eggs and dairy products such as milk and cheese are permitted. For lacto vegetarianism, the earliest known type of vegetarianism (recorded in India), dairy products such as milk and cheese are permitted. The strictest forms of vegetarianism are veganism, raw veganism, and fruitarianism, which exclude all animal products, including dairy products as well as honey, and even some refined sugars if filtered and whitened with bone char.
Vegan restaurants are also included in this list.
Notable vegetarian restaurants
- Annalakshmi, Malaysia, Australia, Singapore & India
- Adyar Ananda Bhavan, India, Dallas, US
- Annapoorna Gowrishankar, India
- Café Paradiso, Cork, Ireland
- Claire's Corner Copia, New Haven, Connecticut, US
- Clover Food Lab, Cambridge, Massachusetts, US
- Cranks, Totnes, England
- Darshini, South India
- Dirt Candy, New York City, New York, US
- Food for Thought, London, England
- Govinda's Restaurant, various locations all over the world
- Greens Restaurant, San Francisco, California, US
- Hard Times Cafe, Minneapolis, Minnesota, US
- Hiltl Restaurant, Zurich, Switzerland
- InSpiral Lounge, Camden Lock, England
- Kesar Da Dhaba, Amritsar, India
- Lentil as Anything, Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
- Marwari Bhojnalaya, India
- Moosewood Restaurant, Ithaca, New York, US
- Murugan Idli Shop, India & Singapore, a chain of vegetarian restaurants headquartered in Madurai, India
- Namma Veedu Vasanta Bhavan, a chain of vegetarian restaurants headquartered in Egmore, Chennai, India
- The New Riverside Cafe, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
- New Woodlands Hotel, Chennai, India
- Penny Cafeteria, New York City, New York, US
- The Pitman Vegetarian Hotel, Birmingham, England
- Saravana Bhavan, Asia, Europe, & North America
- Seward Community Cafe, Minneapolis, Minnesota, US
- Sutra, Seattle, Washington, US
- Taïm, New York City, New York, US
- Veggie Galaxy, Cambridge, Massachusetts, US
- Veggie Victory, Nigeria
Notable vegan restaurants
- Blitz House, Oslo, Norway
- Blossoming Lotus, Hawaii & Oregon, US
- Café Gratitude, 5 locations, California
- Candle Cafe, 3 locations, New York City, New York, US
- Cinnaholic, 14 locations in California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah
- Loving Hut, +200 locations, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America
- Mondragon Bookstore & Coffeehouse, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (closed January 2014)
- Native Foods Cafe, 14 locations, California, Colorado, Illinois, and Oregon
- Red and Black Cafe, Portland, Oregon, US (closed March 2015)
- Spiral Diner, Fort Worth & Dallas, Texas, US
- Thrive Cafe, Seattle, Washington, US
- VBites, Hove, England
- VeganBurg, Singapore and San Francisco, CA, US
- Veggie Grill, 29 locations, California, Oregon, and Washington
- "International Vegetarian Union - The Origins of Some Words". Ivu.org. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- "Annalakshmi". Happycow.net. 30 September 2015. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- "Annalakshmi". Happycow.net. 15 November 2010. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- Douty, Thomas (February 21, 2000). "Tough Times at Hard Times Cafe". The Minnesota Daily via The Internet Archive. Archived from the original on January 30, 2004. Retrieved August 3, 2014.
- Valent, Dani (October 16, 2006). "Lentil As Anything". The Age. Retrieved August 3, 2014.
- Soule, Jessica (October 20, 2011). "Author, chef to sign, present cookbooks". The Citizen. Retrieved August 3, 2014.
- Bjerga, Alan (May 28, 1997). "Cafe Mixed Both Idealism and Food". University of Minnesota. Retrieved August 3, 2014.
- "Cafe Gratitude". Cafegratitude.com. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "Locations". Locations.cinnaholic.com. Retrieved September 5, 2017.
- "[素食 Vegan][Vegetarian Restaurant] 愛家素食網 Loving Hut 素食餐廳‧蔬食餐廳料理‧素食便當‧素食簡餐快餐‧台北素食‧台中素食‧高雄素食‧台南素食‧嘉義素食". Lovinghut.com. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "Veggie Grill Wants to Make Vegan Dining Mainstream". Eater.com. April 13, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vegetarian restaurants.|