List of newspapers that reprinted ''Jyllands-Posten'''s Muhammad cartoons
This is a list of newspapers that have reprinted the Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons or printed new cartoons depicting Muhammad in response to the controversy. This list is probably not complete.
|Country||Source||Circulation||Number printed||Print date||Notes|
|Denmark||Jyllands-Posten||157,000 daily||12 cartoons||30 September 2005|
|Egypt||El Fagr||50,000 weekly||6 cartoons||17 October 2005|
|Netherlands||Elsevier||142,549 weekly||12 cartoons||21 October 2005|
|Netherlands||De Volkskrant||300,494 daily||3 cartoons||29 October 2005|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Slobodna Bosna||?||3 November 2005|
|United States||New York Sun||1 cartoon||4 November 2005|
|Germany||Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung||375,000 daily||1 cartoon||7 November 2005|
|Romania||Evenimentul Zilei||73,000 daily||2 cartoons||9 November 2005|
|Denmark||Weekendavisen||12 cartoons + new ones||11 November 2005|
|Norway||Aftenposten||249,861 morning,||1 cartoon||2005|
|United States||Valley Mirror, Sacramento||2,800, twice weekly||2 cartoons||12 November 2005|
|Germany||Ketzerbriefe||1 cartoon||January 2006|
|Sweden||Expressen||227,300||2 cartoons||7 January 2006|
|Sweden||Kvällsposten||57,700||2 cartoons||7 January 2006|
|Sweden||GT||57 100||2 cartoons||7 January 2006|
|Norway||Dagbladet||183,092 daily||12 cartoons||9 January 2006|
|Norway||Magazinet||5,307, 3 times/week||12 cartoons||10 January 2006|
|Norway||Dagbladet||183,092 daily||12 cartoons||10 January 2006|
|Switzerland||Die Weltwoche||91,213 weekly||3 cartoons||12 January 2006|
|Germany||VERS1||80,000 monthly||1 cartoon||27 January 2006|
|Italy||Corriere della Sera||2 cartoons||30 January 2006|
|Mexico||La Crónica||1 cartoon||30 January 2006|
|Iceland||DV||6 cartoons||31 January 2006|
|Germany||Die Tageszeitung||55,000 daily||2 cartoons||31 January 2006|
|Brazil||Folha de S.Paulo||350,000 daily||1 cartoon||31 January 2006|
|Greece||Eleftherotypia||1 cartoon (only for news)||31 January 2006|
|Saudi Arabia||Shams||1 cartoon||At the beginning of February 2006|
|France||France Soir||12 cartoons + 1 new||1 February 2006|
|France||Le Monde||1 new cartoon||1 February 2006|
|Germany||Berliner Zeitung||12 cartoons||1 February 2006|
|Germany||Die Welt||244,000 daily||12 cartoons||1 February 2006|
|Germany||Die Zeit||465,000 weekly||1 cartoons||1 February 2006|
|Hungary||Magyar Hírlap||38,000 daily||1 February 2006|
|Finland||Helsingin Sanomat||429,244 daily||Photo of another newspaper with 1 cartoon on it||1 February 2006|
|Netherlands||De Volkskrant||300,494 daily||12 cartoons||1 February 2006|
|Netherlands||NRC Handelsblad||249,710 daily||12 cartoons||1 February 2006|
|Netherlands||Het Parool||86,588 daily||? cartoons||? February 2006|
|Netherlands||Trouw||113,234 daily||? cartoons||? February 2006|
|Netherlands||De Telegraaf||709,745 daily||12 cartoons||1 February 2006|
|Italy||La Stampa||12 cartoons||1 February 2006|
|Portugal||Público||4 cartoons||1 February 2006|
|Spain||El Periódico de Catalunya||12 cartoons||1 February 2006|
|Spain||El Mundo||12 cartoons||1 February 2006|
|Switzerland||Blick||1 February 2006|
|Switzerland||Tribune de Geneve||1 February 2006|
|Switzerland||Le Temps||?? new cartoons||1 February 2006|
|Belgium||Le Soir||1 new cartoon This was a blank cartoon that was captioned "Ceci n'est pas Mahomet"||2 February 2006|
|Argentina||Página/12||1 cartoon||2 February 2006|
|Uruguay||Terra||12 cartoons||2 February 2006|
|Bulgaria||Novinar||12 cartoons||2 February 2006|
|Bulgaria||Monitor||6 cartoons||2 February 2006|
|France||Libération||2 cartoons||2 February 2006|
|Germany||Tagesspiegel||2 February 2006|
|Hungary||Népszabadság||200,000 daily||??||2 February 2006|
|Ireland||Daily Star||100,000||1 cartoon||2 February 2006|
|Italy||la Repubblica||2 cartoons||2 February 2006|
|Jordan||Al-Shihan||3 cartoons||2 February 2006|
|Jordan||Al-Mehwar||12 cartoons||2 February 2006|
|New Zealand||National Business Review||13,000 weekly||1 cartoon||2 February 2006|
|Spain||El País||2 February 2006|
|United States||Human Events||12 cartoons||2 February 2006|
|United States||New York Sun||2 cartoons||2 February 2006|
|Greenland||Sermitsiaq||3 cartoons||2 February 2006|
|Yemen||Yemen Observer||Fragments of cartoons
w/ Xs across them
|2 February 2006|
|Belgium||De Standaard||80,000 daily||12 cartoons||3 February 2006|
|Belgium||Het Volk||?? new cartoons||3 February 2006|
|Belgium||De Morgen||??||3 February 2006|
|Belgium||Het Nieuwsblad||??||3 February 2006|
|Belgium||La Libre Belgique||1 new cartoon||3 February 2006|
|Austria||Der Standard||3 cartoons||3 February 2006|
|Austria||Die Presse||3 February 2006|
|Austria||Kleine Zeitung||3 February 2006|
|Honduras||El Heraldo||12 cartoons||3 February 2006|
|India||The Times of India, Patna Edition||12 cartoons||3 February 2006|
|Costa Rica||Al Día||1 cartoon||3 February 2006|
|Malaysia||Guang Ming||1 cartoon||3 February 2006|
|South Africa||Mail and Guardian||2 cartoons||3 February 2006|
|South Korea||Ohmy News||1 cartoon||3 February 2006|
|United States||Riverside Press Enterprise, California||1 cartoon||3 February 2006|
|Italy||Libero||12 cartoons||3 February 2006|
|Italy||La Padania||12 cartoons||3 February 2006|
|Slovakia||SME||12 cartoons||3 February 2006|
|Canada||Le Devoir, Montreal||1 cartoon||3 February 2006|
|United States||Austin American-Statesman||177,000 daily||1 cartoon||3 February 2006|
|Czech Republic||Hospodářské noviny||12 cartoons||4 February 2006|
|Czech Republic||Mladá fronta Dnes||300,000 daily||12 cartoons||4 February 2006|
|Japan||The Japan Times||12 cartoons||4 February 2006|
|Malaysia||Sarawak Tribune||1 cartoon||4 February 2006|
|New Zealand||Christchurch Press||91,000 daily||2 cartoons||4 February 2006|
|New Zealand||The Dominion Post||98,000 daily||12 cartoons||4 February 2006|
|New Zealand||Nelson Mail||1 cartoon||4 February 2006|
|Poland||Rzeczpospolita||2 cartoons||4 February 2006|
|United States||The Philadelphia Inquirer||382,000 daily||1 cartoon||4 February 2006|
|Australia||The Courier-Mail, Brisbane||1 cartoon||5 February 2006|
|Czech Republic||Nedělní Svět||4 cartoons||5 February 2006|
|Fiji||Fiji Daily Post||12 cartoons||5 February 2006|
|Switzerland||NZZ am Sonntag||1 cartoon||5 February 2006|
|United States||Akron Beacon Journal||1 new cartoon||5 February 2006|
|Israel||Jerusalem Post||12 cartoons||6 February 2006|
|Venezuela||Últimas Noticias||6 February 2006|
|Croatia||Nacional||12 cartoons||6 February 2006|
|Indonesia||PETA Tabloid||10 cartoons||6 February 2006|
|Indonesia||Gloria Surabaya||3 cartoons||6 February 2006|
|Germany||Focus||745,000 weekly||12 cartoons||6 February 2006|
|Ukraine||Sevodnya||6 February 2006|
|Slovenia||Mladina||2 cartoons||6 February 2006|
|Slovenia||Žurnal||6 February 2006|
|Slovenia||Direkt||6 February 2006|
|United Kingdom||Gair Rhydd||8,000 weekly||1 cartoon||6 February 2006|
|Yemen||Al-Hurriya||6 February 2006|
|Yemen||al-Rai al-Aam||6 February 2006|
|Algeria||Errisala||Blurred cartoons||6 February 2006|
|Algeria||Irqaa||Blurred cartoons||6 February 2006|
|Brazil||Revista Veja||1,200,000 weekly||3 cartoons||7 February 2006|
|Lithuania||Respublika||4 (or 1 and 9)||7 February 2006 (or 2006-02-06 and 2006-02-08)|
|United States||Denver Rocky Mountain News||1 cartoon||7 February 2006|
|Australia||Rockhampton Morning Bulletin||1 cartoon||8 February 2006|
|France||Charlie Hebdo||12 cartoons + 1 new||8 February 2006|
|Canada||UPEI Cadre||2,000, all recalled||12 cartoons||8 February 2006|
|Paraguay||La Papa||12 cartoons + 3 others||8 February 2006|
|Lithuania||Vakaro Žinios||12 cartoons + new||8 February 2006|
|United States||Harvard Salient||Fortnightly||4 cartoons||8 February 2006|
|United States||Victorville Daily Press, California||1 cartoon||8 February 2006|
|United States||County Press, Newtown Square, Pennsylvania (and sister pubs)||Weekly||1 cartoon + 1 classical Persian image of Mohammed||8 February 2006|
|United States||The Stranger, Seattle||4 cartoons||9 February 2006|
|United States||Daily Illini University of Illinois||6 cartoons||9 February 2006|
|Canada||Jewish Free Press, Calgary||3 cartoons||9 February 2006|
|Germany||Der Spiegel||1,100,000 weekly||12 cartoon||9 February 2006|
|United States||The Daily Tar Heel, UNC, Chapel Hill, North Carolina||1 new cartoon||9 February 2006|
|Russia||Volgograd Gorodskiye vesti||1 new cartoon||9 February 2006|
|Macedonia||Vreme||12 cartoons||10 February 2006|
|Macedonia||Vest||12 cartoons||10 February 2006|
|Russia||Bryansk Subbota||2 cartoons||10 February 2006|
|Angola||Agora||11 February 2006|
|Morocco||Le Journal Hebdomadaire||Weekly||photo of 12 cartoons||11 February 2006|
|Canada||Western Standard, Calgary||40,000 weekly||8 cartoons||13 February 2006|
|United States||The Northern Star, NIU, DeKalb, Illinois||12 cartoons||13 February 2006|
|United States||The Badger Herald, UW, Madison||16,000 daily||1 cartoon||13 February 2006|
|United States||The Vanguard, University of South Alabama||1 cartoon||13 February 2006|
|Chile||24 Horas||1 cartoon||14 February 2006|
|Peru||RPP Noticias||1 cartoon||14 February 2006|
|Russia||Nash Region, Vologda||12 cartoons||15 February 2006|
|United States||The Communicator||12 cartoons||15 February 2006|
|United States||Spare Change, Cambridge, Massachusetts||2 cartoons||15 February 2006|
|United States||The Billings Outpost, Montana||1 new cartoon||16 February 2006|
|United States||Rhinoceros Times, Greensboro, North Carolina||Weekly||2 cartoons||16 February 2006|
|Mozambique||Savana||Weekly||8 cartoons||17 February 2006|
|Belarus||Zgoda||12 cartoons||21 February 2006|
|India||Senior India||Weekly||12 cartoons||23 February 2006|
|Finland||Kaltio||8,000||1 new cartoon||23 February 2006|
|United States||Tiger Town Observer, Clemson University||12 cartoons||24 February 2006|
|United States||Clemson Forum, Clemson University||12 cartoons||24 February 2006|
|United States||Oregon Commentator, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon||2000 monthly||12 cartoons + 7 others||2 March 2006|
|United States||The Columns, Fairmont State University, West Virginia||12 cartoons||6 March 2006|
|United States||Free Inquiry, Amherst, New York||National Magazine||4 cartoons||7 March 2006, for April/May Edition|
|United Kingdom||Y Llan||1 cartoon||21 March 2006|
|Estonia||KesKus||12 cartoons||10 April 2006|
|United States||The Courier, College of DuPage, Illinois||Student Paper||12 cartoons||5 May 2006|
|United States||Harper's Magazine||National magazine||12 cartoons||May 2006|
|Chile||El Tercera||12 cartoons||??|
|Switzerland||24 Heures||3 cartoons||2006|
Newspapers closed, editors fired or arrested
Several editors were fired or/and arrested for their decision, or their intention, to re-publish the cartoons. Several newspapers were closed and at least one apologized.
On February 12, 2006, Algeria closed two newspapers and arrested their editors for printing the images of Muhammad. Kahel Bousaad and Berkane Bouderbala, the respective editors of pro-Islamist weeklies Errisala and Iqraa, were detained and would appear before an investigating judge in Algiers, staff of the two Arabic newspapers said.
Alexander Sdvizhkov, editor of the Zgoda opposition newspaper was sentenced to three years in prison for incitement of religious and national hatred on January 18, 2008. The newspaper was shut down in March 2006 for publishing the cartoons, and remains shut to date.
The University of Prince Edward Island's student newspaper The Cadre was removed from circulation by university authorities after reprinting some of the cartoons. The issue was subsequently pulled and destroyed by the UPEI Student Union, who publishes the student paper.
The now defunct Western Standard was the only notable English-language Canadian publication to print the cartoons. Publisher Ezra Levant was investigated by the Albertan Human Rights Commission for 900 days before being acquitted. Levant was the only person in the Western world charged for reprinting the cartoons, and under the HRC's operating rules was also responsible for his own legal fees which amounted to over $100,000.
Politiken, a Danish newspaper which reprinted a single cartoon by Kurt Westergaard, has apologized for "offending Muslims", saying, "We apologize to anyone who was offended by our decision to reprint the cartoon drawing." The apology came as the result of a settlement reached between the newspaper and a group of eight Muslim groups from the Middle East and Australia.
Helsingin Sanomat reports: "The immediate feeling one gets is that this has all the makings of a good drama: an Oulu cultural magazine called Kaltio publishes a topical strip-cartoon, the magazine's editor get fired for it, and the illustrator loses a commission from the city."
Jacques Lefranc, managing director of France Soir, was fired after reprinting and prominently publishing an in-house cartoon about the controversy.
Three of the cartoons were reprinted in the Jordanian weekly newspaper al-Shihan. The editor, Jihad Momani, was fired, and the publisher withdrew the newspaper from circulation. Jihad Momani issued a public apology, and was arrested and charged with insulting religion. Several of the cartoons were reprinted in the Jordanian newspaper al-Mehwar. Both men were sentenced to two months in prison on 30 May 2006.
Lester Melanyi, an editor of the Sarawak Tribune resigned from his post for allowing the reprinting of a cartoon. In East Malaysia non-Muslims are a majority in the otherwise predominantly Muslim state. The chief editor was summoned to the Internal Security Ministry. The Malaysian government has also shut down the newspaper indefinitely. Malaysia's third-largest Chinese-language daily, Guang Ming, was suspended from publication of its evening edition for carrying one of the cartoons in its February 3 edition. The suspension ran for two weeks from February 16 to March 1, 2006. The TV3 television station which aired some of the cartoons, however, has not been suspended.
The Russian weekly newspaper Nash Region was closed by its owner, Mikhail Smirnov: "I shut it down so that it wouldn't become a real cause of religious strife". Nash Region published a collage of the cartoons on 15 February 2006 as part of an article examining the cartoon controversy. It was the first time the cartoons had appeared in a Russian paper and prosecutors immediately opened an investigation into the editor, Anna Smirnova, on charges that she had used her position to incite hatred. The mayor of the southern Russian city of Volgograd ordered the closure of the city-owned newspaper Gorodskiye Vesti after it published a cartoon depicting Muhammad on February 21, 2006.
The Shams (Sun) was suspended as part of an investigation into its decision to publish the cartoons that have caused anger across the Muslim world.
The Cardiff University student newspaper gair rhydd (which is Welsh for free word) became the first organisation in the United Kingdom to publish the images. The day after publication, the decision was taken to pulp the edition and only approximately 200 copies were actually distributed. The editor along with two journalists were suspended for the decision to publish. Gair rhydd resumed publication on 13 February 2006, with an apology. Meurig Llwyd Williams, Archdeacon of Bangor, included a drawing, reprinted from the French newspaper Le Soir, in the church paper Y Llan. It showed Muhammad sitting on a heavenly cloud with God and Buddha and being told: "Don't complain - we've all been caricatured here." He was forced to resign and the issue of the paper was destroyed.
Staff of the New York Press walked out in protest after management disallowed them to reproduce the cartoons as part of their reporting. Two editors of the University of Illinois' student paper, the Daily Illini, were suspended (one later fired) after reprinting the cartoons. Days after the Illini printing, Northern Illinois University's campus newspaper The Northern Star also printed the cartoons, this time with the permission of their faculty adviser, and the consensus of the editors. Although the paper did receive letters on both sides of the issue for months, there were no major reactions to the printing. The Harvard Salient, a conservative student biweekly at Harvard College, also printed the cartoons and were subject to a town hall forum by the Harvard Foundation for Intercultural and Race Relations.
Yemen detained three journalists on February 12, 2006 (detaining a fourth shortly afterwards), and closed three publications that reprinted the cartoons: Al-Hurriya, Yemen Observer and al-Rai al-Aam. Those detained were Mohammed Al-Asadi, editor-in-chief of the English-language daily Yemen Observer, Akram Sabra, managing editor of the weekly al-Hurriya, reporter Yehiya al-Abed of Hurriya, and Kamal al-Aalafi, editor-in-chief of Arabic weekly al-Rai al-Aam. The Yemeni journalists' association called for the release of the journalists and for the annulment of the closure decrees "because these measures were not ordered by a court". On 3 May the newspapers reopened, although some charges persist.
On 24 November 2006, Kamal al-Aalafi was sentenced to a year in prison. The sentencing court also ordered that the paper be closed for six months and that al-Aalafi himself not be permitted to write for an equal amount of time. He was subsequently released on bail.
On 4 December 2006, Mohammed al-Asaadi was ordered jailed until he could pay a fine of 500,000 rials (approximately $2500).
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2006-02-09. Retrieved 2006-02-09.
- Original paper to commission and publish cartoons
- Archived April 27, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Freedom for Egyptians الحرية للمصريين
- Rantings of a Sandmonkey: Boycott Egypt
- Archived September 7, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Elliott, Francis; Whitaker, Raymond; Bloomfield, Steve (12 February 2006). "The two faces of Islam UK". The Independent. London. Archived from the original on 16 May 2008. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- home | Reed Business Media Amsterdam Archived 2005-03-21 at the Wayback Machine.
- Elsevier.nl - Buitenland - Protesten na cartoons profeet Mohammed Archived February 16, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-03-30. Retrieved 2006-02-11.
- ‘Mohammed met bomhoed’ komt overal - Buitenland - de Volkskrant
- Deense moslims woest over cartoons profeet Mohammed - Buitenland - de Volkskrant
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-02-16. Retrieved 2006-02-16.
- Cartoons Provoke Outcry in Denmark<
- Informationsgemeinschaft zur Feststellung der Verbreitung von Werbeträgern e. V.
- BRAT - Biroul Roman de Audit al Tirajelor
- "European press review". BBC News. 8 February 2006. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- MBL [Aviskatalogen] - Velg utgave - Velg fylke Archived January 13, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Dagen: Muhammed-tegninger også i andre aviser
- Paradise Post - Danish cartoons appeared in Glenn paper last year
- (in Swedish)http://annonswebb.expressen.se/fragorosvar.html%5Bpermanent+dead+link%5D
- svt.se - Rapport Archived April 27, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Fortsetter striden om Muhammed - utenriks - Dagbladet.no
- Trykker omstridte Muhammed-tegninger - tv - Dagbladet.no
- Weltwoche.ch Archived February 7, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- As per editorial Archived February 19, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. of 9 February 2006; original article here "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-09-26. Retrieved 2006-02-11. (subscribers only). Claims to be the first German-speaking publication to reprint the cartoons.
- Åëåõèåñïôõðßá - ÁðïãåõìáôéíÞ ÁäÝóìåõôç Åöçìåñßäá
- Usher, Sebastian (20 February 2006). "Saudi paper 'shut' in cartoon row". BBC News. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- Päätoimittajalle potkut Muhammed-kuvista Ranskassa - HS.fi - Ulkomaat
- Excuses voor spotprenten profeet Mohammed - Telegraaf.nl Archived September 29, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Página/12 Web :: Ultimas Noticias :: Caras
- Terra | Actualidad › Las caricaturas de Mahoma que causaron la ira musulmana> 2-2-2006 Archived 2007-02-16 at the Wayback Machine.
- Index - Mohamed-karikatúrák: Dánia nem kér bocsánatot
- "Circulation review".
- The cartoon was apparently not carried in UK editions of the British tabloid Daily Star
- Reporters sans frontières - Jordan Archived October 30, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Editor Arrested, Released and now Standing Trial
- Welcome to ABC
- Archived September 19, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Yemen Observer - Real News, Real People Archived 2009-03-03 at the Stanford Web Archive
- Paper Closed and License Revoked, Editor Arrested
- Archived March 1, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- People had to connect the dots to find the image of Muhamad
- Honduras- Diario El Heraldo Archived 2007-09-29 at the Wayback Machine.
- Patna: Protests over use of Prophet's images
- Al Día, Internacionales Archived 2006-02-26 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-06-21. Retrieved 2006-02-17.
- Paper is Suspended for 2 weeks.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2006-02-10. Retrieved 2006-03-03.>
- PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California
- SME.sk | denník SME - najčítanejšie spravodajstvo na Slovensku
- Editors weigh free press, respect for religious views Archived 2010-09-12 at the Wayback Machine.
- Press Releases Archived 2005-12-22 at the Wayback Machine.
- null Archived September 30, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- The Japan Times printed a photograph of a French Newspaper with the 12 cartoons
- Egypt ambassador counsels caution on cartoons | The Japan Times Online Archived 2007-09-29 at the Wayback Machine.
- " "Sarawak Tribune". Reuters.
- Paper's Permit Revoked and Suspended Indefinitely
- Caricature Battle for Acceptance Instead of War of Civilizations
- Newspapers First Home Archived 2006-01-03 at the Wayback Machine.
- Archived December 16, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Archived February 8, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Archived May 6, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Archived December 11, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Últimas Noticias Archived February 12, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Naslovnica – NACIONAL
- "The Hindu News Update Service". Chennai, India. Archived from the original on February 14, 2008.
- "WRAPUP 6-Kenya police shoot protester, cartoon anger unabated - Top Business News - Reuters.com". Reuters.
- Editor being Questioned by Police
- http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1412779.cms. Retrieved February 13, 2006. Missing or empty
- Editor Fired, Paper under Investigation
- FOCUS Magazin Verlag GmbH | Presse | FOCUS Magazin Verlag | Alle Pressemitteilungen des FOCUS Magazin Verlags: Archived 2006-04-27 at the Wayback Machine.
- (in Russian)http://www.korrespondent.net/main/144575
- Mohamed vas gleda
- Islam cartoon stops the press - icWales
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110623101720/http://uk.news.yahoo.com/07022006/323/student-newspapers-wales-recalled-mohammed-cartoon.html. Archived from the original on June 23, 2011. Retrieved February 23, 2006. Missing or empty
- Editor Arrested
- Arab journalists arrested in cartoon controversy | World War 4 Report
- Paper Closed, Warrant for Editor's Arrest
- Paper Closed, and Editor Arrested
- "Second Australian paper publishes cartoon". The Age. Melbourne. 8 February 2006.
- Archives Archived 2006-02-22 at the Wayback Machine.
- "P.E.I. student paper publishes cartoons of Prophet". CBC News. 8 February 2006. Archived from the original on March 11, 2009.
- UPEI Student Union
- UPEI Student Union
- The Harvard Salient—20 April 2007 Archived 6 September 2006 at the Wayback Machine.
- Archived February 13, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- All the Rage - News - The Stranger, Seattle's Only Newspaper
- "The Daily Illini | The Independent Student Newspaper at the University of Illinois since 1871". Media.www.dailyillini.com. Retrieved 2010-02-27.
- winnipegsun.com - Canada News - Calgary paper runs cartoons
- Daily Tar Heel Archived February 24, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-06-14. Retrieved 2006-02-17.
- Newspaper closed
- http://www.dtt-net.com/en/index.php?page=view-article&article=1088&CMSSESSID=39cd5565090e1f89df98cc0cc892fe22>Serbia's, Macedonia's Muslims protest over Prophet Mohammed cartoons
- (in Russian) Брянская газета "Суббота" первая в России опубликовала карикатуры на пророка Мухаммеда - Новости России - ИА REGNUM
- 143 aviser viser tegningerne
- Carried a photograph of a man holding the French Le Soir with the cartoons blotted out
- Reporters sans frontières - Morocco Archived August 31, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Western Standard
- Daily Chronicle Online | News | Northern Star runs Danish cartoons
- The Badger Herald - Opinion & Editorial Archived February 14, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- firstamendmentcenter.org: news Archived July 25, 2008, at Archive-It
- 24 Horas - Detalle Archived September 28, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- RPP Noticias - Caricaturistas israelíes y palestinos de acuerdo en respetar a Mahoma Archived September 30, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Radio Free Europe/ Radio Liberty Archived 2006-02-17 at the Wayback Machine.
- The Communicator - Online Edition
- The Harvard Crimson :: News :: Kidd Warns Salient of ‘Dangerous’ Fallout
- Archived May 4, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.andnetwork.com/app?service=direct/0/Home/$StorySummary.$DirectLink$2&sp=l19031. Retrieved February 19, 2006. Missing or empty
- http://politiken.dk/visartikel.iasp?pageid=439842>paper closed
- (in Russian) Belarusian newspaper publishes Prophet Muhammad cartoons - Pravda.Ru Archived February 14, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2006-08-25. Retrieved 2006-02-24.
- Two editors arrested.
- 2 held for publishing Prophet’s cartoons - Sify.com
- http://newsroom.finland.fi/stt/showarticle.asp?intNWSAID=11874&group=General>editor fired
- The State | News
- Publication's incendiary cartoons miss their mark - Commentary
- Religion News Service: Press Releases Archived April 15, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- "CNN.com - Church sorry for prophet cartoon - Mar 21, 2006". CNN. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- Ajaleht KesKus avaldab Muhamedi-karikatuurid - Eesti Päevaleht Online
- Student Press Law Center - News Flashes Archived September 28, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Archived May 20, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- The Associated Press (February 26, 2010). "Denmark: Cartoon Apology". The New York Times. Retrieved 27 February 2010.
- Arab journalists jailed over cartoons Archived February 24, 2006, at the Wayback Machine., Al Jazeera, 13 February 2006
- Archived January 21, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "P.E.I. student paper publishes cartoons of Prophet". CBC. 2006-02-08. Archived from the original on March 11, 2009.
- "Western Canadian magazine publishes Muhammad cartoons"
- It's all very odd, 'that's for sure' | Macleans.ca - Canada - Opinions Archived February 21, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Ezra Levant: How I beat the fatwa, and lost my freedom - Full Comment". Network.nationalpost.com. Archived from the original on 2009-07-19. Retrieved 2010-02-27.
- "Strange drama played out in Oulu". Helsingin Sanomat. 2006-05-03.
- "French editor fired over cartoons". BBC. 2006-02-02.
- CNN http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/03/22/france.cartoon.reut/index.html. Missing or empty
- "Gunmen shut EU Gaza office over cartoons". CNN. 2006-02-03.
- "Embassies burn in cartoon protest". BBC News. 2006-02-04.
- "First prison sentences announced for reprinting Mohammed cartoons". The Globe and Mail. Toronto: Reporters without borders. Archived from the original on January 6, 2009.
- "Islam-West divide 'grows deeper'". BBC News. 10 February 2006.
- Ooi, Jeff (2006). "Are TV3 and Guangming Daily in trouble?" Archived May 15, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved February 18, 2006.
- Russian paper closes after publishing cartoons, The Guardian, 21 February 2006
- Sebastian Usher (20 February 2006). "Saudi paper shut in cartoon row". BBC.
- "Muslim anger hits SA". Sunday Tribune. South Africa. 2006-02-05.
- "Pulp fiction; Gair Rhydd 13 February 2006" (PDF). (7.77 MB)
- "Paper withdrawn over cartoon row". BBC News. 2006-02-13.
- Ward, David (2006-03-22). "Editor of Welsh church magazine quits over cartoon of Muhammad". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- "NY Press Kills Cartoons; Staff Walks Out". The New York Observer. 2006-02-07.
- Editor Suspended Over Cartoons
- Yemen ends ban on newspapers for prophet cartoons, Yahoo/Reuters, 3 May 2006
- The Associated Press. (2006.) "Yemeni journalist fined for defaming Islam's Prophet". The International Herald Tribune. Retrieved December 9, 2006.