List of islands of Hainan
There are many islands directly off the coast of Hainan Island, the southernmost province in China. This article lists them. There are also groups of disputed islands located hundreds of kilometres away that are within Hainan, the administrative area, but not actually part of Hainan, the province. Those islands are not within the scope of this article.
|Boundary Island||This is an island in Lingshui County between Lingshui and Wanning, in Riyue Bay.
It is the earliest development of an open uninhabited tourist type area. In 2008 it became a national 4A level scenic spot, and in 2013 was promoted to national 5A-class tourist attraction, becoming China's first.
|Dazhou Island||Commonly known as Grand Island, this is a state-level nature reserve located about 5 km (3.1 mi) off the coast of Wanning, Hainan, China. This protected area covers 4.36 square kilometres, and comprises three mountains spanning two islands. The islands are composed of mainly rain forests and rocky terrain.|
|Dongmaozhou||This island is located in Sanya Bay.|
|Fenjiezhou||Sea turtles are known to lay eggs on this island, which is off the coast of Lingshui.|
|Ganzhe Island||This island is located in near Wanning in Chunyuan Bay.|
|Haidian Island||This is a well-developed and heavily populated island that is part of the city of Haikou. It is located over the Haidian River and directly to the east of Xinbu Island.|
|Artificial island at Hainan International Convention And Exhibition Center||Part of the Hainan International Convention And Exhibition Center, this island is currently under construction. A hotel will be built on it.|
|Jiajing Island||This unpopulated island is located off the coast of Wanning around 3 km off the coast of Shimei Bay.|
|Unidentified artificial island||Located a few hundred metres from Evergreen Park (Haikou), this peanut-shaped island was being developed, but since Typhoon Rammasun, no construction has taken place.|
|Nanwan Monkey Island||Actually a peninsula, but commonly considered to be an island, this body of land is a monkey nature reserve and tourist attraction.|
|Ocean Flower Island||This is an under-construction, artificial archipeligo located off the north coast of Hainan, west of Yangpu Peninsula.|
|Phoenix Island||This is an artificial archipelago forming an island resort currently under construction in Sanya, Hainan Province, China.
The island is located in Sanya Bay, and is 1,250 metres (4,100 ft) long by 350 metres (1,150 ft) wide and covers a total area of 393,825 square metres (4,239,100 sq ft). It is connected the shore by a 395-metre bridge.
|Ruyi Island||Located approximately 3km northeast of Haidian Island, this is an under-construction artificial island.|
|Simapo Island||Located in the Nandu River directly to the south of the Qiongzhou Bridge, this island was once farmland, and is now being developed as a golf course.|
|Wuzhizhou Island||This island is located off the coast of Hainan Province, China. This 1.48 square kilometre island is situated within Haitang Bay, approximately 30 kilometres northeast of Sanya, between Nanwan Monkey Island to the north, and Yalong Bay to the south.|
|Ximaozhou||This island is located in Sanya Bay.|
|Xinbu Island||This island is located directly to the east of Haidian Island|
|Zhouzai Island||Zhouzai Island is off the coast of Wanning. It has an area of .75 hectares.|
|Nanhai Pearl Artificial Island||This is an under-construction island owned by HNA Group off the coast of Holiday Beach|
- http://news.dichan.sina.com.cn/2012/12/23/620401.html (in Chinese)
- "Hainan Boundary Island becomes 1st National 5A Sea-island Scenic Spot". What's on Sanya. 18 January 2013.
- "Hainan Boundary Island Ecological and Cultural Resort". Coastal Tourism. Hainan Tourism Development Commission.
- "About Boundaries of continents" (in Chinese). Boundary Islet Tourist Attraction of Hainan. Archived from the original on 2013-09-28.
- "Tourism Circle of Sanya, Big and Abundant". Sanya Travel Guide Agency.
- "Fenjiezhou Island, far from the maddening beach crowd-Sino-US". sino-us.com.
- "Fenjiezhou Island, the 'Sleeping Beauty Island' of Sanya". whatsonsanya.com.
- "Jiajing Island". whatsonsanya.com.
- "Phoenix Island // Sanya // China // MAD". archiCentral. Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- "Sanya Phoenix Island Opening Soon!,Freesanya.com News". Freesanya.com. Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- "Sanya Phoenix Island Luxury Resort Condos and Apartments". Property Hainan. 2010-08-27. Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- "MAD architects: phoenix island". Designboom.com. Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- "People's Government of HaiNan Province". hainan.gov.cn.
- 马玉佳. "Owning an island is developers' dream". china.org.cn.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Islands of Hainan.|