List of airports in the Faroe Islands
This is a list of airports and heliports in the Faroe Islands, sorted by location.
The Faroe Islands are a group of islands in Northern Europe, between the Norwegian Sea and the north Atlantic Ocean, about halfway from Iceland to Norway. They have been an autonomous region of Denmark since 1948. There is one airport and a number of public heliports. The domestic helicopter services are operated by Atlantic Airways.
|Froðba||EKFA||Froðba Heliport||61°32′37″N 006°46′28″W / 61.54361°N 6.77444°W|
|Kirkja||EKKU||Kirkja Heliport||62°19′02″N 006°18′48″W / 62.31722°N 6.31333°W|
|Klaksvík||EKKV||Klaksvík Heliport||62°13′04″N 006°34′35″W / 62.21778°N 6.57639°W|
|Mykines||EKMS||Mykines Heliport||62°06′08″N 007°38′45″W / 62.10222°N 7.64583°W|
|Skúvoy||EKSY||Skúvoy Heliport||61°46′10″N 006°48′13″W / 61.76944°N 6.80361°W|
|Sørvágur||EKVG||FAE||Vágar Airport||62°03′49″N 007°16′38″W / 62.06361°N 7.27722°W|
|Stóra Dímun||EKSR||Stóra Dímun Heliport||61°41′07″N 006°45′31″W / 61.68528°N 6.75861°W|
|Svínoy||EKSO||Svínoy Heliport||62°16′36″N 006°20′29″W / 62.27667°N 6.34139°W|
|Tórshavn||EKTB||Boðanes Heliport||62°01′18″N 006°45′27″W / 62.02167°N 6.75750°W|
Hattarvík and Koltur also have helipads that are used for scheduled passenger flights ran by Atlantic Airways. Skopun and Tórshavn (a second one, near the hospital) have helipads used for ambulance flights. Abandoned heliports are found in Trøllanes, Gásadalur and Múli, all of which were dismantled soon after the respective roads to these villages opened. Discussions about a helipad in Nólsoy for the purpose of medical evacuations aired in 2014 and continue to play.
Tórshavn's municipal plan includes a proposal for a new airport at Glyvursnes, due south of the suburb Argir, but the weather and political situation make this unlikely in the foreseable future. The runway and terminal have recently been extended respectively upgraded and forms an important part of the economy of the island of Vágar.
- List of airports in Denmark
- Transport in the Faroe Islands
- List of airports by ICAO code: E#EK – Denmark and the Faroe Islands
- Wikipedia: Airline destination lists: Europe#Faroe Islands (Denmark)
- List of the busiest airports in the Nordic countries
- Faroe Islands AIP for EKFA – Froðba Heliport from Naviair
- Faroe Islands AIP for EKKU – Kirkja Heliport from Naviair
- Faroe Islands AIP for EKKV – Klaksvík Heliport from Naviair
- Faroe Islands AIP for EKMS – Mykines Heliport from Naviair
- Faroe Islands AIP for EKSY – Skúvoy Heliport from Naviair
- Faroe Islands AIP for EKVG – Vágar Airport from Naviair
- Faroe Islands AIP for EKSR – Stóra Dímun Heliport from Naviair
- Faroe Islands AIP for EKSO – Svínoy Heliport from Naviair
- Faroe Islands AIP for EKTB – Bodanes Heliport from Naviair