List of airports in Latvia
Latvia (Latvian: Latvija), officially the Republic of Latvia (Latvijas Republika), is a country in the Baltic region of Northern Europe. It is bordered to the north by Estonia, to the south by Lithuania, to the east by the Russian Federation, and to the southeast by Belarus. Across the Baltic Sea to the west lies Sweden. The capital of Latvia is Riga. The local time is GMT+2 (GMT+3 DST).
Riga International Airport is the only major airport in Latvia, carrying around 5 million passengers annually. It is the largest airport in the Baltic states and has direct flights to over 80 destinations in 30 countries including a nonstop transatlantic flight to New York-JFK operated by Uzbekistan Airways on board in Boeing 787 Dreamliner year-round. It is also the main hub of airBaltic.
In the recent years airBaltic operated also in Liepāja International Airport as well as Ventspils International Airport but operations in both of these airports were soon ceased. In 2017 airBaltic started to fly to Liepāja International Airport again. For now they say it's going to be just for the summer.
Names shown in bold indicate airports with scheduled passenger service on commercial airlines.
- "ICAO Location Indicators by State" (PDF). International Civil Aviation Organization. 17 September 2010.
- "IATA Airline and Airport Code Search". International Air Transport Association.
- "UN Location Codes: Latvia". UN/LOCODE 2012-1. UNECE. 14 September 2012. – includes IATA codes
- "Airports in Latvia". Great Circle Mapper. – IATA and ICAO codes, coordinates
- Airfields in Latvia - info and photos of airfields in Latvia