List of airlines of Iran
As of June 2009, Iranian planes fly 45 international flight routes. Most of the fleet of Iranian airlines today consist of old Boeings and used or leased Airbus and regional jets like British Aerospace 146 and Fokker 100. Sanctions from the United States prevents Iran from purchasing most new western made aircraft to update its rapidly aging fleet. Iran's own poor safety regulations and mismanagement on behalf of the Iran civil aviation authorities has also been a known factor to blame. This has resulted in a series of ongoing disasters and incidents. Because of this, in the last 25 years there have been 17 plane crashes, and 1500 deaths (From 2000 to 2006, 11 Iranian plane crashes claimed about 700 lives).
Iran has initiated manufacturing aircraft on its own such as the IR.AN-140. A number of 108 airliners have been added to the fleet of Iranian passenger planes during the last five years. As at July 2015, Iran had 251 commercial planes with 41,218 seats and 6 cargo planes, many (around 100) of which are not functional because of a lack of spare parts.
|Iran Air||IR||IRA||IRANAIR||1961||Tehran-Imam Khomeini, Tehran-Mehrabad||Flag carrier of Iran|
|Mahan Air||W5||IRM||MAHAN AIR||1992||Kerman, Tehran-Imam Khomeini|
|Iran Aseman Airlines||EP||IRC||ASEMAN||1980||Tehran-Imam Khomeini, Tehran-Mehrabad|
|Kish Air||Y9||IRK||KISHAIR||1989||Kish Island|
|Qeshm Airlines||QB||IRQ||QESHM AIR||1996||Qeshm Island|
|Meraj Airlines||JI||MRJ||MERAJ||2010||Tehran-Imam Khomeini, Tehran-Mehrabad||Operating for the Government of Iran|
|Taban Air||HH||TBM||TABAN AIR||2006||Mashhad|
|Iran Air Tours||B9||IRB||AIRTOUR||1973||Mashhad-Tabriz|
|Caspian Airlines||RV||CPN||CASPIAN||1993||Tehran-Imam Khomeini|
|Atrak Air||AK||ATR||ATRAK||2013||Bojnord Airport|
|Karun Airlines||NV||IRG||NAFT||1992||Ahwaz, Isfahan|
|Saha Airlines||IRZ||SAHA||1990||Tehran-Imam Khomeini|
|Fars Air Qeshm||-||QFZ||FARSAIR||2003||Tehran-Imam Khomeini|
|Pouya Cargo Air||-||PYA||POUYA||2008||Tehran-Mehrabad|
- List of airlines
- List of defunct airlines of Asia
- Tourism in Iran
- List of airports in Iran
- List of defunct airlines of Iran
- Iran Aviation Industries Organization
- International Rankings of Iran in Transportation
- Iran airshow
- Iran Civil Aviation Organization
- List of Iranian Aviation Accidents and Incidents
- Transport in Iran
- "Iran Airlines Fleet lists". fleet.myaviation.ir.
- Daragahi, Borzou (2009-09-15). "Iran's aviation regulation seen as a factor in air crashes". latimes.
- Sara Shams | Tehran | 29 January 2009 Archived 4 February 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- Ladane Nasseri (10 August 2014). "Iran Plane Crashes Outside Tehran Airport, Dozens Dead". Bloomberg.com.
- "Report details century of fatal air accidents in Iran". payvand.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-10-16. Retrieved 2009-07-12.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-01. Retrieved 2010-10-26.
- "PressTV-Foreign airlines earn $3bn in Iran annually". presstv.com.
- "PressTV-14 new planes to join Iran's fleet". presstv.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Airlines of Iran.|