List of World Heritage Sites in Israel
World Heritage Sites
The table is sortable by column by clicking on the
- Site; named after the World Heritage Committee's official designation
- Location; at city, regional, or provincial level and geocoordinates
- Criteria; as defined by the World Heritage Committee
- Area; in hectares and acres. If available, the size of the buffer zone has been noted as well. A value of zero implies that no data has been published by UNESCO
- Year; during which the site was inscribed to the World Heritage List
- Description; brief information about the site, including reasons for qualifying as an endangered site, if applicable
World Heritage Sites located in sites where the territorial status is yet to be determined
|Old City and Walls of Jerusalem||Jerusalem
31°46′36″N 35°14′03″E / 31.77667°N 35.23417°E
(ii), (iii), (vi)
List of Properties in the Tentative List
In addition to sites inscribed on the World Heritage list, member states can maintain a list of tentative sites that they may consider for nomination. Nominations for the World Heritage list are only accepted if the site was previously listed on the tentative list. As of 2015, Israel recorded 18 sites on its tentative list. The sites, along with the year they were included on the tentative list are:
|Triple-arch Gate at Dan & Sources of the Jordan||Northern District||Mixed:
|Early Synagogues in the Galilee||Northern District||Cultural:
|The Galilee Journeys of Jesus & the Apostles||Northern District||Cultural:
|Sea of Galilee & its Ancient Sites||Northern District||Mixed||2000|
|Horvat Minnim||Northern District||Cultural:
|Arbel (Arbel, Nebe Shueb, Horns of Hittim)||Northern District||Mixed||2000|
|Degania & Nahalal||Northern District||Cultural:
|Bet She'an||Northern District||Cultural:
|White Mosque in Ramle||Central District||Cultural:
|Jerusalem (extension)||Jerusalem District||Cultural:
|Mount Karkom||Southern District||Cultural:
|The Crusader Fortresses||Various districts||Cultural:
|Makhteshim Country||Southern District||Mixed||2001|
|The Great Rift Valley - migratory routes - The Hula||Northern District||Natural||2004|
|Liftah (Mey Naftoah) – Traditional mountain village||Jerusalem District||Cultural:
|Ein Karem, a village and its cultural landscape||Jerusalem District||Cultural:
- "World Heritage List". UNESCO. Retrieved 28 May 2010.
- "The Criteria for Selection". UNESCO. Retrieved 10 September 2011.
- "Bahá'i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee". UNESCO. Retrieved 17 Aug 2011.
- "Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba". UNESCO. Retrieved 17 Aug 2011.
- "Incense Route – Desert Cities in the Negev". UNESCO. Retrieved 17 Aug 2011.
- "Masada". UNESCO. Retrieved 17 Aug 2011.
- "Old City of Acre". UNESCO. Retrieved 17 Aug 2011.
- "White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement". UNESCO. Retrieved 17 Aug 2011.
- "Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me'arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves". UNESCO. Retrieved 16 Jul 2012.
- "Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves". UNESCO. Retrieved 3 Aug 2015.
- "Necropolis of Bet She'arim: A Landmark of Jewish Renewal". UNESCO. Retrieved 3 Aug 2015.
- "Old City of Jerusalem and its Walls". UNESCO. Retrieved 26 Nov 2012.
- "Tentative Lists". UNESCO. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- UNESCO Official page for Tentative list