List of San Francisco Giants owners and executives
The San Francisco Giants have had eight general managers. The general manager controls player transactions, hiring and firing of the coaching staff, and negotiates with players and agents regarding contracts. The first person to officially hold the title of general manager for the Giants was Chub Feeney, who assumed the title in 1947. The Giants' current general manager is Bobby Evans. The executive vice president of baseball operations is Brian Sabean.
- "Giants' General Managers". Major League Baseball. Retrieved 2008-12-31.
- Pavlovic, Alex (2015-04-03). "Sabean, Bochy extended through 2019; Evans promoted to GM". CSN Bay Area. Archived from the original on 2015-04-04.
- Schwarz, Alan (2005-12-21). "2005 General Manager Roundtable". Baseball America. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- Dickson, P. (2009). The Dickson Baseball Dictionary (Third ed.). W.W. Norton & Co. p. 362. ISBN 978-0-393-06681-4.
- "Giants All-Time Owners". San Francisco Giants. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- "The Day - Google News Archive Search". news.google.com. Retrieved 2016-03-11.
- Waldstein, David (2010-11-03). "Mike Murphy, Giants' Equipment Manager, Now Has Title to Tend To". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-03-11.
- "'Jack' Schwarz -- signed McCovey for Giants". SFGate. Retrieved 2016-03-11.