List of Jacksonville Jaguars head coaches
The Jacksonville Jaguars are a professional American football franchise based in Jacksonville, Florida. They are members of the South Division of the American Football Conference (AFC) in the National Football League (NFL). The team, along with the Carolina Panthers, joined the NFL as expansion teams in 1995. Jacksonville, along with the Houston Texans, have never played in a Super Bowl or any other NFL Championship, but has made 2 appearances in AFC Championship games against the New England Patriots after the 1996 season and the Tennessee Titans after the 1999 season, both under Tom Coughlin.
The Jaguars have had five head coaches since their inaugural 1995 season, including one interim coach. Tom Coughlin and Jack Del Rio each won 68 games while coaching the Jaguars, and Coughlin is the most successful in terms of winning percentage, winning 53.1% of his games in charge. Del Rio coached the team from 2003 to 2011, recording a winning percentage of 48.9% from 139 regular season games. He was hired on January 16, 2003 and fired on November 29, 2011. He was replaced on an interim basis with Mel Tucker.
In 2012 Mike Mularkey was hired as head coach. His team was hit by several key injuries throughout the season and managed going on 2–14, the worst record in franchise history. As a result, the new owner Shahid Khan decided he wanted new leadership and fired the General Manager (GM), Gene Smith. The new GM, Dave Caldwell, decided to fire Mike Mularkey and hired Gus Bradley to become the new head coach.
|#||Number of coaches|
|*||Elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame|
|†||Spent entire professional head coaching career with the Jaguars|
Note: Statistics are correct through the end of the 2017 NFL season.
|#||Name||Term [C]||Regular season||Playoffs||Awards||Ref.|
|2||Jack Del Rio||2003–2011||139||68||71||0||.489||3||1||2|
- "Coordinator Del Rio replaces Coughlin in Jax". ESPN. 2003-01-16. Retrieved 2008-03-18.
- "Jaguars fire coach Del Rio after eight-plus seasons". NFL.com. National Football League. November 29, 2011. Retrieved November 29, 2011.
- "Tom Coughlin's Coaching Record". Pro Football Reference. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 2008-03-18.
- "Jack Del Rio's Coaching Record". Pro Football Reference. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 2008-03-18.
- "Mel Tucker's Coaching Record". Pro Football Reference. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved November 29, 2011.
- "Mike Mularkey". Pro Football Reference. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved May 7, 2012.
- "Gus Bradley". Pro Football Reference. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved July 19, 2013.
- "Doug Marrone". Pro Football Reference. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved December 19, 2016.
- "Jacksonville Jaguars History". CBS Sports. Retrieved March 18, 2008.
- "Hall of Famers by Franchise". Pro Football Hall of Fame. Retrieved March 18, 2008.
- "Jacksonville Jaguars Coaching Records and History". DatabaseFootball.com. Archived from the original on April 9, 2007. Retrieved March 18, 2008.
- "Coaching Roster – Jacksonville Jaguars". Hickoksports.com. Archived from the original on January 25, 2013. Retrieved March 18, 2008.