List of Estrella TV affiliates
Estrella TV is an American Spanish language broadcast television television network owned by Liberman Broadcasting which was launched on September 29, 2009. As of May 2016, the network currently has eight owned-and-operated stations, and current affiliation agreements with 47 other television stations.
This article is a listing of current Estrella TV affiliates in the continental United States (including subchannel and low-power affiliates, and satellite stations), which are subcategorized into separate tables for its owned-and-operated and affiliated stations. The stations listed are also arranged alphabetically by state, and based on the station's city of license and followed in parentheses by the Designated Market Area if it differs from the city of license. There are links to articles on each of the broadcast stations, describing their histories, technical information (such as broadcast frequencies) and any local programming. The station's advertised channel number follows the call letters. In most cases, this is their virtual channel (PSIP) number.
The article also includes a list of its former affiliate stations, which is also based on the station's city of license or market, and denotes the years in which the station served as an Estrella TV affiliate as well as the current status of the corresponding channel that carried the network.
|City of license/Market||Station||Channel
|Year of affiliation||Owned since||Notes|
|Castle Rock–Denver, Colorado||KETD||53 (45)||2009||2009|
|Chicago, Illinois||WESV-LD||40 (40)||2010||2010|
|Decatur–Dallas–Fort Worth, Texas||KMPX||29 (30)||2009||2009|
|Houston, Texas||KZJL||61 (44)||2009||2009|
|Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Florida||WGEN-TV||8 (8)||2018||2018|
|Ogden–Salt Lake City, Utah||KPNZ||24 (24)||2009||2009|
|Phoenix, Arizona||KVPA-LD||42 (42)||2009||2009|
|Port Jervis–New York City, New York||WASA-LD||24 (25)||2009||2009|
|Riverside–Los Angeles, California||KRCA||62 (35)||2009||2009|
|San Diego, California||KSDX-LD||9 (9)||2009||2009|
|City of license/Market||Station||Channel
TV / DT
|Albuquerque, New Mexico||KOAT-TV||7.2 (7)||2009||Hearst Television|
|Amarillo, Texas||KLKW-LD||22.1 (22)||2014||DTV America Corporation|
|Atlanta, Georgia||WANN-CD||32.10 (29)||2014||Prism Broadcasting|
|Austin, Texas||KVUE||24.2 (33)||2009||Tegna Media|
|Bakersfield, California||KBBV-CD||19.1 (19)||2010||Pappas Telecasting Companies|
|Boise, Idaho||KKIC-LD||16.1 (16)||2013||Cocola Broadcasting|
|Brownsville–Harlingen–McAllen, Texas||KVEO||23.2 (24)||2009||Nexstar Media Group|
|WQDI-LD||20.1 (21)||2016||DTV America Corporation|
|Charlotte, North Carolina||WCEE-LP||16.1 (16)||2014||Norsan Broadcasting WCEO, LLC|
|Chico, California||KBIT-LD||50.2 (50)||2014||Prism Broadcasting|
|Clermont–Orlando, Florida||WKCF||18.3 (17)||2009||Hearst Television|
|El Paso, Texas||KTSM-TV||9.2 (16)||2009||Nexstar Media Group|
Durham, North Carolina
|WNCB-LD / WIRP-LD||29.1 (15) / 27.1 (22)||2014||DTV America Corporation|
|Fort Myers-Naples, Florida||WXCW||46.2 (45)||2016||Sun Broadcasting, Inc.|
|Fresno-Clovis, California||KGMC||43.1 (43)||2016||Cocola Broadcasting|
|Jacksonville–Tyler–Longview, Texas||KETK-TV||56.2 (22)||2009||Nexstar Media Group|
|Crowley (Lafayette)||K18JF-D||18 (20)||2017||DTV America Corporation Launch Date Expected Mid-Late 2017/Station Currently Off Air|
|Tampa, Florida-Lakeland||WMOR-TV||32.3 (19)||2009||Hearst Television|
|Las Vegas, Nevada||KSNV||3.2 (22)||2015||Sinclair Broadcast Group|
|Little Rock, Arkansas||KKYK-CD||30.4 (16)||2014||Larry Morton|
|Lubbock, Texas||KNKC-LD||29.1 (29)||2014||DTV America Corporation|
|Odessa–Midland, Texas||KPEJ-TV||24.2 (23)||2009||Marshall Broadcasting
(operated by Nexstar Media Group)
|Oklahoma City, Oklahoma||KOCY-LP
|Tyler Media Group||KUOK-CD3 is a repeater of KOCY-LD|
|Palm Springs, California||KRET-CD||45.2 (31)||2010||Camino Real Communications|
|Portland, Oregon||KGW||8.3 (8)||2009||Tegna Media|
|Roswell, New Mexico||KOCT-TV||6.2||2009||Hearst Television||KOCT-TV is a satellite of KOAT-TV|
|Sacramento, California||KQCA||58.3 (46)||2015||Hearst Television|
|San Antonio, Texas||KENS||5.2 (39)||2009||Tegna Media|
|San Francisco, California||KCNS||42.1 (39)||2009||Titan Broadcast Management|
|Sanger–Fresno, California||KFRE-TV||59.2 (36)||2009||Sinclair Broadcast Group|
|Santa Barbara, California||KSBT-LD||32.2 (32)||2010||R&C Media Group, Inc.|
|Santa Maria, California||KWSM-LP||32.1 (32)||2016||Cocola Broadcasting|
|Silver City, New Mexico||KOVT-TV||10.2||2009||Hearst Television||KOVT-TV is a satellite of KOAT-TV|
|Sparks–Reno, Nevada||KNRC-LD||14.1 (14)||2010||FMI Media
(operated by Better Life Television)
|St. Louis, Missouri||KBGU-LP||33.2 (33)||2015||DTV America Corporation
(operated by Regal Media)
|Templeton–Monterey, California||KMBY-LD||19.2 (19)||2010||Cocola Broadcasting|
|Monterey, California||KSBW||8.3 (8)||2016||Hearst Television|
|Tequesta–West Palm Beach, Florida||WPBF-TV||25.2 (16)||2009||Hearst Television|
|Tucson, Arizona||KTTU||18.2 (19)||2009||Tegna Media|
|Tulsa, Oklahoma||KXAP-LD||51.1 (38)||2010||Teletul Media Group|
|Nexstar Media Group|
|Wilmington, North Carolina||WADA-LD||18.1 (43)||2014||DTV America Corporation|
|Yakima, Washington||KWYT-LP||8.1 (39)||2010||Hispanavisión Televisión|
|Yuma, Arizona||KSWT||13.3 (13)||2010||News-Press & Gazette Company|
|City of license/Market||Station||Ownership||Years of affiliation||Status|
Vancouver, British Columbia
|KBCB 24.2||Venture Technologies Group||2011-2014||Replaced by Jewelry Television|
|Fort Bragg, California||KUNO-TV 8.1||Titan Broadcast Management||2009–2010||Sold to Jeff Chang and separated from KTNC-TV in 2010; now operating as independent station KQSL|
|Greensboro–Winston-Salem–High Point, North Carolina||WCWG 20.3||Lockwood Broadcast Group||2009–2015||Disaffiliated from the network on June 1, 2015, at which time WCWG 20.3 became a Laff affiliate; Time Warner Cable added the network to its Latino tier at approximately the same time.|
|Las Vegas, Nevada||KVMY 21.2||Sinclair Broadcast Group||2009–2014||Disaffiliated from network on 2015, as part of an asset realignment between KVMY and KSNV, spurred by Sinclair's purchase of the latter and its trade of KVMY to Howard Stirk Holdings; affiliation moved to KSNV 3.2.|
|Miami, Florida||WSVN 7.2||Sunbeam Television||2009–2017||Replaced by Light TV|
|New York City, New York||WPIX 11.4||Tribune Broadcasting||2009–2012||Network was dropped by the station in May 2012; affiliation moved to Liberman-owned WASA-LD, which carried the network alongside WPIX from February to May 2012.|
|Omaha, Nebraska||KPTM 42.3||Sinclair Broadcast Group||2010–2015||Subchannel disaffiliated from the network on October 31, 2015, following the conclusion of its affiliation agreement signed under Pappas Telecasting Companies ownership; now a Comet affiliate.|
|Concord, California||KTNC-TV 42.1||NRJ TV||2009-2016||Now affiliated with a shop-at-home network.|
|Wichita, Kansas||KCTU-LD 43.2||River City Broadcasters, Inc.||2009–2011||Disaffiliated from the network due to complaints over program content.|
- "Stations for Network - Estrella TV". RabbitEars. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- Joanne Ostrow (January 28, 2010). "Denver's TV market to get new Latino station". Denver Post. MediaNews Group. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
- Michael Malone (February 22, 2010). "Liberman to Launch Estrella in Chicago". Broadcasting & Cable. NewBay Media. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- Kevin Downey (March 20, 2009). "Coming, a new force in Hispanic TV". Media Life Magazine. Archived from the original on March 23, 2009. Retrieved April 11, 2009.
- "Estrella TV Inks Affil. Deal With Sunbeam". Mediaweek. April 6, 2009. Retrieved April 11, 2009.
- "Salt Lake Stick Leads Liberman To Utah". Hispanic Market Weekly. May 21, 2007.
- "KOAT Albuquerque Adding Estrella TV". TVNewsCheck. NewsCheck Media. July 9, 2009. Retrieved July 9, 2009.
- Michael Malone (July 9, 2009). "KOAT Adds Estrella on Digital Channel". Broadcasting & Cable. Reed Business Information. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- "Estrella TV Adds Four DTV America Affiliates". TVNewsCheck. NewsCheck Media. June 28, 2013. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- Michael Malone (May 19, 2009). "Four Belo Stations Grab Estrella TV". Broadcasting & Cable. Reed Business Information. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- "Estrella TV Adds KBBV-CA Bakersfield, Calif". TVNewsCheck. NewsCheck Media. March 24, 2010. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- "Estrella TV Adds KZAK Boise To Affiliate Roster". TVNewsCheck. NewsCheck Media. July 10, 2013. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- Katy Bachman (July 16, 2009). "Hearst to Clear Estrella in Orlando". AdWeek. Guggenheim Partners. Retrieved November 8, 2015.
- Andrew Gauthier (July 17, 2009). "WMOR in Tampa Set to Launch Estrella TV Channel". TVSpy. Mediabistro Holdings. Retrieved November 8, 2015.
- "Estrella TV launches in Oklahoma City, OK". Hispanic Ad Weekly. Hispanic Media Sales, Inc. January 24, 2012.
- Michael Malone (April 20, 2010). "Estrella Inks Palm Springs Affiliate". Broadcasting & Cable. NewBay Media. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- "Estrella TV Adds KRET-CA Palm Springs To Roster". TVNewsCheck. NewsCheck Media. April 20, 2010. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- "KQCA To Launch Estrella TV Sacramento". TVNewsCheck. NewsCheck Media. May 14, 2015. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- "KFRE Fresno, Calif., Adding Estrella TV". TVNewsCheck. NewsCheck Media. August 12, 2009. Retrieved July 9, 2009.
- Michael Malone (March 4, 2010). "Estrella Lands in Santa Barbara". Broadcasting & Cable. Reed Business Information. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- "Estrella TV Adds Santa Barbara". TVNewsCheck. NewsCheck Media. March 4, 2010. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- "Estrella TV Adds KNRC Reno To Lineup". TVNewsCheck. NewsCheck Media. June 7, 2010. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- George Winslow (December 1, 2010). "EstrellaTV Cuts Affiliate Deal with KMBY-TV". Broadcasting & Cable. NewBay Media. Retrieved July 9, 2009.
- "WPBF West Palm Beach Adding Estrella TV". TVNewsCheck. NewsCheck Media. August 10, 2009. Retrieved August 10, 2009.
- "Estrella TV Enters Oklahoma With KXAP-LP". TVNewsCheck. NewsCheck Media. July 19, 2010. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- George Winslow (November 9, 2010). "EstrellaTV Cuts Affiliate Deal With Pappas". Broadcasting & Cable. NewBay Media. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- Veronica Villafañe (August 29, 2011). "Estrella TV adds another affiliate". Media Moves. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- "Estrella TV Gains San Francisco Affil". Mediaweek. May 15, 2009. Retrieved May 19, 2009.
- "Estrella TV Signs First North Carolina Affil". TVNewsCheck. NewsCheck Media. May 4, 2010. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- "Estrella TV Launching On KVMY Las Vegas". TVNewsCheck. NewsCheck Media. September 9, 2009. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- "Estrella TV Renews KVMY Las Vegas Affiliation". TVNewsCheck. NewsCheck Media. July 24, 2013. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- Michael Malone (September 10, 2009). "Estrella Takes Manhattan". Broadcasting & Cable. Reed Business Information. Retrieved April 11, 2009.
- "KCTU Wichita, Kan., Adding Estrella TV". TVNewsCheck. NewsCheck Media. August 11, 2010. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- "AT&T, Time Warner Cable and Two Affiliates Drop 'José Luis Sin Censura'/AT&T, Time Warner Cable y Dos Estaciones de TV Retiran a 'José Luis Sin Censura'". Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation. June 2, 2011.