Leendert de Lange
|Leendert de Lange|
|Member of the House of Representatives of the Netherlands|
Assumed office |
31 October 2017
31 March 2015 – 23 March 2017
13 November 1972|
|Political party||People's Party for Freedom and Democracy|
|Alma mater||Leiden University|
Leendert Arent-Willem de Lange (born 13 November 1972) is a Dutch politician, has been a member of the House of Representatives for the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy since 31 October 2017. He previously served in the House between 31 March 2015 and 23 March 2017. He replaced René Leegte. Previously he was alderman in Noordwijk between 2006 and 2013 and in Wassenaar between 2013 and 2014 where he also served as deputy mayor.
De Lange was born on 13 November 1972 in Wassenaar. He studied government management between 1991 and 1994 at the Thorbecke Academie. Subsequently he studied public administration theory at Leiden University from 1995 to 2000. He worked at the district court and later for the public prosecutor of The Hague court between 1996 and 2000. From 2000 to 2005 he worked as advisor on parliamentary and ministerial contacts at the municipality of The Hague.
De Lange became member of the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy in 1992. He was member of the municipal council of Leiden between 1999 and 2006. Between May 2006 and February 2013 he was alderman in Noordwijk. From 11 February 2013 until 1 June 2014 he was alderman and deputy mayor in his birth town of Wassenaar. After his terms as alderman he worked for communication firm Dietz.
In the parliamentary elections of 2012 De Lange occupied place 53 on the candidate list of the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy. On 31 March 2015 he entered the House of Representatives of the Netherlands when he replaced René Leegte who had resigned. In the House of Representatives his portfolio was health care. His term in office ended on 23 March 2017. De Lange returned to the House on 31 October 2017.
- "Tweede Kamer na installatie twee nieuwe leden weer voltallig" (in Dutch). Parlement.com. 31 March 2015. Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- "Drs. L.A. (Leendert) de Lange" (in Dutch). Parlement.com. Retrieved 9 April 2017.
- "Leendert de Lange voor VVD in Tweede Kamer" (in Dutch). Leidsch Dagblad. 27 March 2015. Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- "Leendert de Lange beëdigd in Tweede Kamer" (in Dutch). Bollenstreek Omroep. 1 April 2015. Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- "Beëdigingen: 12 Tweede Kamerleden, 2 Eerste Kamerleden" (in Dutch). Parlement.com. 31 October 2017. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- (in Dutch) Profile on Parlement.com