Law of Albania
See the Civil Code of the Republic of Albania, 1991. Civil codes were previously enacted in 1928 and 1981. The Code of 1928 was derived from two earlier codes, the Code Civil of 1804 and the Codice Civile of 1865, which were respectively from France and Italy. The Code of 1928 introduced civil marriage, whereas previously only religious marriages had legal recognition. The Code of 1981 was communist.
- Criminal Code of 1 October 1977
- Law of 25 December 1979 (Law No 6069)
- Labour Code of October 1981
- Law on main constitutional clauses of 29 April 1991 (Law No 7491)
- Law on the Organization of the National Intelligence Service of 2 July 1991 (Law No 7495)
- Law Concerning the Savings Bank of 31 July 1991 (Law No 7505)
- Law on foreign investments of 4 August 1992 (Law No 7549)
- Banking Statute of 28 April 1992 (Law No 7560)
- Law on the Introductory Part of a Commercial Code of 4 November 1992 (Law No 7632)
- Law on Foreign Investment of 2 November 1993 (Law No 7764)
- Criminal Code of 27 January 1995 (Law No 7895)
- Code of Criminal Procedure of 21 March 1995 (Law No 7905)
- Labour Code of 12 July 1995 (Law No 7961)
- Law about the administration of the refused agricultural land of 14 December 1995 (Law No 8047)
- Law for Non-divided Agricultural Lands of 26 March 1998 (Law No 8312)
- Law On Leasing the Agricultural Land, Forest Land Meadows and Pastures, which are State Property of 1 April 1998 (Law No 8318)
- Law On forests and forest police
- Law On pastures and meadows
- Decree Concerning the Albanian Commercial Bank of 1 December 1990 (Decree No 7493)
- Pries, Anne. In Winterton and Moys (eds). Information Sources in Law. Second Edition. Bowker-Saur. 1997. ISBN 1 85739 041 5. Chapter Three: Albania. Pages 47 to 58.
- Margaret Hasluck. The Unwritten Law in Albania. Edited by J H Hutton. Cambridge University Press. 1954. First paperback edition. 2015. Google Books.
- Yair Baranes and Ronald C C Cuming. Handbook on the Albanian Collateral Law. (Issues in Business Environment Reform). World Bank. International Bank for Reconstruction and Development and International Finance Corporation. Washington DC. 2001. Google Books.
- Information Sources in Law. 2nd ed. p 51
- United States Department of the Army. Private Law in the Civil Law System. US Government Printing Office. 1965. Page 62. Google Books
- See eg James Salibur O'Donnell. A Coming of Age: Albania Under Hoxha. East European Monographs. Issue 517. 1999. Page 130. Google Books