Garza was the 2006 SWP candidate for the United States House of Representatives in Massachusetts's 8th congressional district, which includes Cambridge, Chelsea, Somerville and about three quarters of Boston. She was the sole challenger to Democratic incumbent Mike Capuano, to whom she lost, receiving 12,390 votes, 9% of the total.
- Van Martin, Nancy (October 31, 1993). "Mud flies in battle over small, high-profile job". Sun-Sentinel. Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Retrieved March 10, 2018 – via newspapers.com.
- Van Martin, Nancy (November 3, 1993). "Bitterly contested mayoral runoff will pit Clark, Alonso". Sun-Sentinel. Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Retrieved March 10, 2018 – via newspapers.com.
- Ted Leonard, "Socialist candidates in Massachusetts: U.S. hands off Cuba!", The Militant 70(33), 4 September 2006.
- James Harris and Laura Garza, "'Anti-Terrorist' Measures Aimed At Working Class", The Militant 69(20), 19 August 1996.
- Garza election records at ourcampaigns.com
|Party political offices|
Willie Mae Reid
| Socialist Workers Party nominee for
Vice President of the United States