Krasny Oktyabr (steel plant)
|ЗАО "ВМЗ "Красный Октябрь"|
|Closed joint-stock company|
|Dmitry Gerasimenko (executive director)|
Number of employees
Volgogradskiy Metallurgicheskiy Zavod Krasny Oktyabr (Russian: Закрытое акционерное общество "Волгоградский металлургический завод "Красный Октябрь", translit. Zakrytoye aktsionernoye obshchestvo "Volgogradskiy metallurgicheskiy zavod "Krasny Oktyabr") is a Russian closed joint-stock company which maintains the Krasny Oktyabr factory, one of the largest Russian metallurgy facilities.
The company's factory was established on April 30, 1897. After the Bolshevik Revolution the factory became known as Krasny Oktyabr, Red October. The factory provided steel for the Stalingrad Tractor Factory. It was completely destroyed in the battle of Stalingrad, but was restored by 1946. During the Soviet time it was awarded the Order of Lenin and the Order of the Red Banner of Labour.