Kearney Micropolitan Statistical Area
As of the 2010 census, the area had a population of 52,591 (though a July 1, 2011 estimate placed the population at 53,278).
- Places with 25,000 or more inhabitants
- Kearney (Principal City)
- Places with 1,000 to 5,000 inhabitants
- Places with 500 to 1,000 inhabitants
- Places with less than 500 inhabitants
- Unincorporated places
As of the census of 2000, there were 49,141 people, 18,573 households, and 12,129 families residing within the μSA. The racial makeup of the μSA was 95.55% White, 0.49% African American, 0.31% Native American, 0.62% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 2.03% from other races, and 0.98% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.34% of the population.
The median income for a household in the μSA was $38,015, and the median income for a family was $45,562. Males had a median income of $30,085 versus $21,029 for females. The per capita income for the μSA was $17,814.
Today, some area officials are proposing to upgrade to a metropolitan area with the addition of Phelps County in the future.
- "Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Population of Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2011 (CBSA-EST2011-01)". 2011 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2012-03-21. Archived from the original (CSV) on 2012-04-27. Retrieved 2012-04-22.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.